• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio Innocase/Best Buy Pt Case caused scratches on my phone

Hello Folks,

I'm really sorry to have to turn this into a negative feedback thread, but I need to tell you my experience with this case.

As I understand it, the Seidio Innocase and Best Buy Pt case are exactly the same, just branded differently. But, if they are different, then please let me know and I will change this thread because the case that I bought is the Best Buy Pt case.

I've had this case for a little over 4 weeks...almost since its been out. I've taken it off twice during that time to clean it, one at 2 weeks and today. I didn't notice this back then, but today, its clear as day.

The front piece (that covers the screen) will rub along the power/camera button side of the phone, causing the black plastic to wear down and eventually loose its gloss. I suspect that the edge of the case that is very sharp and flimsy is allowing movement/rubbing to occur, thus scrapping the gloss of the phone. Its happening on one side only at this time (power/camera button side), mainly because I use the power button a lot and that side of the phone gets the most amount of contact and pressure.

Here are the pictures. I've throughly cleaned the phone, and i've had this case on it since day one i've owned the phone, so i've never used this phone naked. whatever blemishes you see are not dust/dirt/smudge because I made sure i cleaned the phone before posting pics.

2a0mgsm.jpg

2hehbio.jpg

I plan to keep this case because otherwise, i think its a wonderful case, but i can't get over this damage. I would probably have to sand down the sharp inner edge of the front piece to reduce the rubbing, but honestly, the damage is already done.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones