• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio Innocase Issues

Liquoredolce

Android Enthusiast
Apr 30, 2010
Alright guys, I know there are some people in here that love their Innocase, and I am/was one of them. I'm getting a little annoyed here.

I'm on my second one, the first became very loose after sliding it on and off. Now this one is rubbing against the polished part of my phone and definitely scratching it. I emailed Seidio and asked what they were doing about this, because it is after all the same issue they had with the Evo, so it's a well known issue that they fixed for the Evo, and their response was basically, "well, not enough people have complained about it for the Inc. so we're not going to do anything, sorry!". Then after about 2 weeks on the new case, the case itself started to peel.

Now Seidio has been very good to me, and they were very willing to send me out a new case with almost no questions asked, but now I'm having to fill out their online form and all that to try to get another one. I really don't mind doing it, as they've been very helpful, but I shouldn't be on my third case when they cost $30. I DEFINITELY shouldn't be having damage to my phone due to the design that they KNOW is flawed, and won't fix because they don't care about a few customers, only when it will actually effect their bottom line.

These cases are made of a very good feeling material, but if they're scratching our phones and peeling and becoming loose, is it really $30 material?

Im on my second Seidio. First one didn't fit. Not a problem and Seidio sent me a new one right away. This one fits perfect, however its been about a month and i took my case off to clean phone and on the left side of my phone its scratched the entire way down the phone! I will let Seidio know, but as far as I am concerned there is nothing they can do to make me happy, short of buying me a new incredible....which is not gonna happen.... I am mad :mad:

I just ordered the case mate. if that doesnt work I may just go with nothing!

Upvote 0
This is unacceptable, they have the exact same case design for the Evo, and it's been scratching so many evo's that they modified the case by lining the interior with a thin rubber material. They could do exactly the same thing to ours which probably costs about 10 cents, but they just don't care enough about us to do it. It seems ridiculous to me.

Upvote 0
I totally agree! ridiculous! Its like the DInc is cast aside! ...and thats fine. I guess Seidio has to pander to which phones bring them in the most money. HOWEVER, my money is as GREEN as the EVO customer's and I will NOT EVER purchase from Seidio again. Especially, with this attitude that WE arent IMPORTANT enough!

I could have saved my money and put nothing on my phone, instead I PAID to SCRATCH it! Uggggg....I'm disgusted!

...off to rant to Seidio, just so they know:(

Upvote 0
Not enough people complaining about it is total BS. This has been going on for a long time with their Innocase line.

I had the same problem with my Blackberry Tour. Had the Innocase II on for about 3 months and found all kinds of scratches on the Bezel. When I called them, I got the same response as you, not enough people have complained and they can't reproduce the problem. If you look around the Android and Crackberry forums, you will find a LOT of people with the same complaints. This is a design flaw that they aren't willing to fix.

Upvote 0
I never understood the Seidio hype. You would think a plastic case would be difficult to screw up, however they seem to have done it.

I know some people are going to say that with any case you risk getting scratches due to dirt, etc getting under the case. But the issue with the Seidio case is with the design. It's two pieces, which bend and flex and move and create friction up against the bezel and outside of the phone as they move across it, resulting in scratches.

I doubt Seidio will be able to do anything to help other than send a new case, which really isn't going to address the issue unfortunately.

Upvote 0
When you're paying $30-$50 for a phone case, you expect it to properly designed. People buy these cases to protect their investments and that isn't just internal components... it's cosmetically as well. Seidio needs to address the issue at hand, apologize, and go back to redesign the product and offer replacements. Sure, it's going to hurt them a bit in the short-term... but long-term it's going to hurt them even more if they continue to ignore things like this. I've ordered two cases from Seidio in the past and both had design flaws. One allowed way too much dust in on my BB and creaked where the 2 parts came together, and the other had a plastic clip that broke off w/out any major force. I didn't bother contacting customer service b/c it wasn't worth the hassle. It's easier for me to stay away and go w/ Otterbox, who I know offer top of the line cases, listens to customers input and resolves the issues at hand. Waiting for the Defender for the Inc! And no, I'm not an Otterbox rep... just love their products.

Upvote 0
I sincerely apologize about any issues you have had with your Innocase II Surface. We DID add a rubberized coating to the Incredible cases as well as our EVO cases. Please PM me your order number and I can assist you with this issue. We value our customer's input and do make the necessary changes that will satisfy our customers!

Upvote 0
I sincerely apologize about any issues you have had with your Innocase II Surface. We DID add a rubberized coating to the Incredible cases as well as our EVO cases. Please PM me your order number and I can assist you with this issue. We value our customer's input and do make the necessary changes that will satisfy our customers!

Very good to know, last time I called I was told you hadn't, and didn't plan on it because there weren't enough complaints. I'm very glad to see you've done this, as it will improve the case greatly.

I recently submitted the rebate form as instructed in an email, I will pm you my ticket number.

Thank you Seidio, you guys have been very helpful as I stated, but it seems that you're more responsive when we make our complaints publicly known than you do via a phone call or email.

Upvote 0
Can we assume that the cases offered by Amazon are still of the old design (i.e., without the rubberized coating of the interior), or has all of the available inventory been updated?

Upvote 0
Mine is one of the ones that HAS the rubber lining inside and it's STILL scratching my phone. Not to mention that it gets looser and looser. This is my second one after the first one was totally loose on the left side.

I'm sending in an RMA request tonight and to be honest, I think I'm going to get rid of the Rugged/Innocase combo that I have once it's been replaced. I shouldn't have to protect my phone against damages from a $50 case.

Upvote 0
Ugh this is annoying. I have to send my phone in before getting another case (like last time). Then they say please wait 1-2 weeks for processing once they receive the case, so basically my phone will be without a case for a few weeks. I appreciate them fixing the problem and all, but this shouldn't have been an issue in the first place, and the definitely should have fixed it the first time around.

At least they're replacing it....a lot of companies wouldn't do that I guess.

Upvote 0
The Seidio rep. here was very professional and is sending me out a 3rd new case asap. Very nice customer service. ....But I still have a scratched phone and I read another poster having a problem with the "NEW" case, makes me worried. Can't beat thier customer service, not sure what keeps going wrong with these cases. I know alot of happy Seidio customers when it comes to other phones and thier cases. :(

I purchased the case mate barely there and I really like the feel of the case and I believe they came out with a more rugged case.

Liquoredoce, I'm not sure why you have to send your case back first? I did not have to do that the first time or this time. once, I receive the new case, I will send their old one back in the box with the pre paid postage.

Upvote 0
Where is it scratching your phones? I installed mine and it fits nice, it gets kind of gunked up in between the two parts but other than that it seems to fit well, I havent seen any scratches yet, but I havent taken it off either.. so far so good, I hope the two pieces stay together, i can tell they are already starting to separate.....

So where are the Dinc's gettting scratched guys?

Upvote 0
Where is it scratching your phones? I installed mine and it fits nice, it gets kind of gunked up in between the two parts but other than that it seems to fit well, I havent seen any scratches yet, but I havent taken it off either.. so far so good, I hope the two pieces stay together, i can tell they are already starting to separate.....

So where are the Dinc's gettting scratched guys?

You have to take the case off to be able to see the scratches; if you have them they are beneath the case.

The scratching occurs on the front bezel of the phone (the shiny black part along the sides/front of the phone).

Upvote 0
The Seidio rep. here was very professional and is sending me out a 3rd new case asap. Very nice customer service. ....But I still have a scratched phone and I read another poster having a problem with the "NEW" case, makes me worried. Can't beat thier customer service, not sure what keeps going wrong with these cases. I know alot of happy Seidio customers when it comes to other phones and thier cases. :(

I purchased the case mate barely there and I really like the feel of the case and I believe they came out with a more rugged case.

Liquoredoce, I'm not sure why you have to send your case back first? I did not have to do that the first time or this time. once, I receive the new case, I will send their old one back in the box with the pre paid postage.

That's exactly what I did the first time I had it replaced, but this time they told me to send it back and they'd process it and send a replacement to me. I just emailed the rep and I'm hoping they'll send me one first like the first time.

You're right, there has been great customer service, which is definitely the only reason I'm sticking with these cases. If they didn't replace it and weren't as responsive I'd be with a new company ASAP.

Upvote 0
Well, my Innocase Active was supposed to be delivered today. Website and USPS both confirm delivery. However, no case.

Only mail I received wasn't even ours. It was for a house a block away with the same house number - street names not even close to being similar.:thinking:

Called USPS CS... say they will look into it.

I'm hoping whomever it was delivered to will bring it by.

E-mailed Seidio to let them know also.

Pretty pissed right now.:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones