• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio Innocase Issues

hookem said:
Well, my Innocase Active was supposed to be delivered today. Website and USPS both confirm delivery. However, no case.

Only mail I received wasn't even ours. It was for a house a block away with the same house number - street names not even close to being similar.:thinking:

Called USPS CS... say they will look into it.

I'm hoping whomever it was delivered to will bring it by.

E-mailed Seidio to let them know also.

Pretty pissed right now.:mad:

Hello,

We are sorry about this! If your case has not been delivered, please PM us your order number and we will look into it first thing tomorrow!

Regards,

Upvote 0
I hear tons of people commenting on how great Seidio's customer service is and how they are getting replacement cases very quickly. But if they are making a sound product and it's working as advertised, we shouldn't be having to contact their Reps one, two, or three times. That's just ridiculous. I know that no product is perfect, but the scratching issue is not new with the Innocase, it's been happening with other phones... just search on crackberry, android central...etc.

My last BB was all scratched after a few months and I also had issues with the tabs breaking. Of course they would replace the case, but as far as the scratches, it was the first they had heard of the issue. I call BS to that.

I have the active now, which is actually a very nice case, but I noticed the black peeling around the corners. Again, nothing is perfect, but I am very careful what I purchase from Seidio.

Upvote 0
I hear tons of people commenting on how great Seidio's customer service is and how they are getting replacement cases very quickly. But if they are making a sound product and it's working as advertised, we shouldn't be having to contact their Reps one, two, or three times. That's just ridiculous. I know that no product is perfect, but the scratching issue is not new with the Innocase, it's been happening with other phones... just search on crackberry, android central...etc.

My last BB was all scratched after a few months and I also had issues with the tabs breaking. Of course they would replace the case, but as far as the scratches, it was the first they had heard of the issue. I call BS to that.

I have the active now, which is actually a very nice case, but I noticed the black peeling around the corners. Again, nothing is perfect, but I am very careful what I purchase from Seidio.

Thank you for your feedback! The case should not be peeling and we would like to replace that for you. Please PM me your order information.

Upvote 0
Well I got an email today saying they've shipped my new case. The first email wasn't very clear, as I read it over they didn't say they were shipping me a case, or to ship mine first, it just said to include the RMA number (which they provided in the email) on the outside of the box, which indicates that I would ship mine first.

I don't know what the original intent was, but I emailed the rep on here yesterday and today they shipped a new case, so I'm very glad I don't have to go without a case for any period of time.

Again, great customer service. Wish the product was a little better for the price, but I guess I can't complain about technically getting 3 new cases for $23 haha

Upvote 0
I sincerely apologize about any issues you have had with your Innocase II Surface. We DID add a rubberized coating to the Incredible cases as well as our EVO cases. Please PM me your order number and I can assist you with this issue. We value our customer's input and do make the necessary changes that will satisfy our customers!
SeidioSeidio,

I have the same problem with my Innocase II scratching the sides of my phone. I purchased through Amazon. Do you offer free replacements for purchases through Amazon? If so, and if I need to return the older defective part, do you pay for the return shipment as well? In other words, is there any additional cost to me? I haven't checked my wife's but I probably have two defective cases as hers came before mine from Amazon.

Upvote 0
SeidioSeidio,

I have the same problem with my Innocase II scratching the sides of my phone. I purchased through Amazon. Do you offer free replacements for purchases through Amazon? If so, and if I need to return the older defective part, do you pay for the return shipment as well? In other words, is there any additional cost to me? I haven't checked my wife's but I probably have two defective cases as hers came before mine from Amazon.

They should, I didn't purchase mine through them. I had to provide them with a receipt and all that though.

Upvote 0
I just got the return label from Amazon to send the second Innocase II back. The first got real loose after a week and a half and then the coating started to peel. The second one required a business card in the back to keep it tight. Unfortunately it led to the sides of the phone being scratched. Kinda sucks since I liked the look and feel of the case but the looseness and scratches it caused are unacceptable.

For some reason I gave Seidio another chance and ordered an Innocase Active. So far, so good. I figure that the soft silicon should prevent the scratches and you also get the benefit of a hard case too.

Upvote 0
singleshot said:
I have the innocase II that I bought from Seidio about 2 months ago. My issue is not scratches but that the rubberized coating is rubbing off around the edges. Mine is the dark blue one, but at this rate, all the blue will be rubbed off and the black hard case underneath will be exposed.

I wonder if anyone else is seeing this.

Hello,

Thank you for your comments and we would love to help. Please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!

Regards,

Upvote 0
I only got the Innocase because Seidio advertised it to be compatible with an upcoming dock. When they scratched that idea and changed their listing, I suddenly had no reason to keep the Innocase II. In fact it was kind of ugly in my opinion, I understand the groove on the back was for the camera lens to fit but damnit it looks stupid and lumpy.

The Active case though......is awesome. I can see myself buying the "Active" line for any phone I have in the future. I sure won't be counting on Seidio for anything else, it says a whole lot about a company to advertise a dock then pull it after many bought compatible cases...in fact that is downright shady and makes me not want to support the company.

I can't hate though. The Active Innocase is nice.

Upvote 0
I only got the Innocase because Seidio advertised it to be compatible with an upcoming dock. When they scratched that idea and changed their listing, I suddenly had no reason to keep the Innocase II. In fact it was kind of ugly in my opinion, I understand the groove on the back was for the camera lens to fit but damnit it looks stupid and lumpy.

The Active case though......is awesome. I can see myself buying the "Active" line for any phone I have in the future. I sure won't be counting on Seidio for anything else, it says a whole lot about a company to advertise a dock then pull it after many bought compatible cases...in fact that is downright shady and makes me not want to support the company.

I can't hate though. The Active Innocase is nice.

Bear in mind that Verizon and HTC (I'm not sure who was developing it) also scrapped their dock. It's not just Seidio. Just grab some Legos and build your own. It's much more fun. I've got one for portrait and one for landscape. :)

Upvote 0
I have the innocase II that I bought from Seidio about 2 months ago. My issue is not scratches but that the rubberized coating is rubbing off around the edges. Mine is the dark blue one, but at this rate, all the blue will be rubbed off and the black hard case underneath will be exposed.

I wonder if anyone else is seeing this.

I have scratching the black is peeling as well.

Upvote 0
Hello,

Thank you for your comments and we would love to help. Please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!

Regards,

Can you replace with the Active case instead of the Innocase II? I bought the Innocase II because it was going to be compatible with the dock but since you scrapped the dock I would rather have the Active.

Upvote 0
I received my second replacement (third overall) Innocase the other day. The top piece on my previous two was a little loose-fitting. On the new one, it fits just as tight as the bottom piece. My phone still has some scratching around the bezel in a couple of places and that can't be fixed... That being said, I'm sure the phone would be in MUCH worse overall condition if I hadn't had the case at all. I work as a service tech in environments ranging from the nicest homes you can imagine to the nastiest, most dangerous factories. I needed something TOUGH to protect the phone. The Innocase Rugged is STILL - 3 1/2 months after launch - the only super-tough case for our beloved phones.

On a whole, I absolutely love my Rugged. One of the best things is that I can take the skeleton and silicone shell off and have just the Innocase on it when I'm not working. I doubt I'll even entertain switching to an Otterbox if they ever make it to market.

Upvote 0
Please give us an update ASAP. I'm trying to decide if I like the Innocase II better or the Innocase Active.

Well it's been about a week and I've been on a few trips with my new case and phone. So far I am impressed. The Does not add a lot of bulk to the phone and has a nice feel to the case which helps with grip. The white part of the case has no dirt or discoloration. The rubberized inner cover does grab a bit on my pocket when removing the phone to use. I'm also using a Steinheil Crystal Clear screen protector which is working awesome with the case. All "rubberized" buttons are responsive and easy to push although it does require a bit more pressure than without the case. Would include pics but you can see a full review with pics here.

Upvote 0
Same here -_- the innocase2 scratched the hell out of my incredibles bezel come on man.. i paid retail i bought the case to protect it not to take the case off 4weeks later to see the bezel scratched up..i switched back to the verizon silicone case until my active case comes..its not as pretty but hey.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones