• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio Innocase Issues

I received my 3rd replacement and I personally know someone with the "new and improved case" that is having trouble again for the 3rd time as well. (along w/other poster's here).... So I really am happy with the barely there case by case-mate, I guess im gonna sell the new one ( Seidio)I was sent. Im just to nervous to try it and make more scratches. :( It's a shame I really did like the case. However, did I say Im STILL PEEVED I have a permanently scratched BEZEL!:eek: UGGGGHHHHH............

Upvote 0
I have 2 of the Seidio Surface cases and have not noticed any issues. They seem well designed and are not causing any issues.

They dont offer a ton of protection though. Which is the nature of the design, you can have slim and lightly protected or larger and more protection.

In that vein, I decided to order a Seidio Active from Amazon. Paid for it and waited. Over THREE weeks. Got an email a couple days ago saying my order was canceled. NO STOCK.

Can anyone help me out?

Upvote 0
I just got the new active, it seems good so far. The new inner lining makes the inside feel exactly like the outside, same lining.

They are all great in the beginning, so we'll see if this one lasts, I hope it does.

I can repeat they have great CS, lets just hope this product is better than the last 2.

Upvote 0
Sooo here's a question for someone here/the rep; Why am I having to pay for return shipping? I emailed specifically requesting a return label so that I didn't have to pay for shipping, and they said just to use the RMA number they provided to ship (hence, I pay for shipping). That doesn't seem right to me. You guys include return labels in all of your packages, except this one. Seems like an odd business decision for a company with such great customer service replacing someone's $30 piece of plastic for the second time.

Upvote 0
I've just PM'd seidioseidio on here about issues with my SECOND replacement (third overall) Innocase II Surface. Once again, it's loose on the top left side, which is the same place the issues started with the previous 2 cases. Both of the replacements have had the rubberized inside.

I use the Rugged case in a holster during the workday because I'd break it if it were in my pocket. I probably take it out and put it in 50 times a day and I wonder if, since that's where the holster clip rests, that's what's causing the fit issues to develop.

I'm curious as to whether those of us who have problems use the holster or carry it loose.

I'm fed up with this case and I've asked them to replace it with an Active with holster. We'll see what happens.

Upvote 0
What other cases would you guys recommend? I'm getting tired of waiting for Otterbox and I've already long ditched the idea of getting Seidio (too much of a bad rep with overpriced items and poorer performance than price would indicate).

I was trying to decide between Seidio's Innocase Active and Case-Mate's Tough Case, these type of threads are one of the things that concerned me, it seems to me that Seidio has quality control issues, tolerance's don't seem that good from product to product, I looked at these pictures and decided that Case-Mate was running closer/higher tolerances on their products, thus I went with Case-Mate. Look at the photo's on Seidio's site, then look at the Case-Mate below, much less gap, more uniform fitment with the Case-Mate, the below Case-Mate picture isn't mine, but the fitment on mine looks just like the photo below.

Innocase Active For use with HTC Incredible - Burgundy (compare photo that shows head phone jack)

[/img]http://www.seidioonline.com/v/vspfiles/photos/CSR6HDDN-RD-6T.jpg[/img]

100_0323.jpg

Upvote 0
Well, Seidio replaced my Innocase II Surface, but I'm still having the same issue with the replacement. The outer rubberized coating has already cracked and started to peel. All the little particles of rubberized material are collecting on my screen protector and making a big mess.

I keep my phone in my pocket and I'm wondering if it just can't take the heat.

I emailed Seidio Customer Service this morning, so we'll see what they can do. I'm wondering if the Innocase Active is made from the same material as the Surface. Maybe that's an option.

Or, maybe I'll switch to the Case-Mate Tough Case. That thing looks pretty slick.

Upvote 0
They're telling me they won't replace it with an Active. They say they won't take returns over 14 days and that their "system cannot handle exchanges".

We'll see what ends up happening. Seems like their "stellar customer service" that everyone's so excited about is only "stellar" if you want to continue to receive substandard product.

Upvote 0
They're also telling me that i have to pay for shipping because thats their policy. I feel like they've had too many problems now and are just going o stop replacing them for us. They stood by their product at first but are now changing their stance and blatantly lying to us about what they can do.

This is not great customer service anymore...

Upvote 0
I don't think they'll do anything for ya.....it seems like they've dropped the customer service aim alltogether because they realized their products are crap and they can't afford to keep replacing them, and they're obviously not going to fix them. This is the last response I got from Seidio...

"While I wish I could accommodate your request, we cannot make the exceptions and send out shipping labels after 14 days. Customers are responsible for shipping the defective unit back.

All of the cases goes through extensive testings and we have not seen any peeling issues with our test units. Please note that you should not use any household or industrial cleaners to clean the case.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact customer service at 832-204-1118.

Regards,"

there is NO way they haven't seen the peeling, I've had my current case for a week and it's already peeling. I know MANY people on here have had the issue and sent it back, so it looks like they just don't give a sh*t about their customers or products anymore.

I do NOT recommend anyone get ANY seidio products at this point. They have great customer service for a week, miserable products for life.

Upvote 0
I haven't always had problems with their stuff, but it does seem that the last year or two quality has gotten worse.

I would stay away from the Innocase series and the batteries. But I do think their holsters are the best on the market. While the active is a nice solid case, I do have the peeling issue.

Upvote 0
I don't think they'll do anything for ya.....it seems like they've dropped the customer service aim alltogether because they realized their products are crap and they can't afford to keep replacing them, and they're obviously not going to fix them.

I've noticed that they aren't on this site much anymore responding to people's problems. Interesting!

Upvote 0
I just got off the phone with Seidio customer service and they aren't much help. They basically said that they haven't seen any other of the Innocase II's with the peeling/cracking problem. I don't get it. This is the second one I've had and both had the exact same problem.

I told them that I don't want another one and that I would be sending this one back for a refund. We'll see if they balk at my request.

I'm a little disappointed as I've actually had good luck with their products in the past.

I just placed an order for the Case-Mate 'Tough Case', so I'll see how that one works for me.

Upvote 0
I just got off the phone with Seidio customer service and they aren't much help. They basically said that they haven't seen any other of the Innocase II's with the peeling/cracking problem. I don't get it.

That's Seidio's standard phone response when there's a problem with their product, I've heard it three times now. If they admit fault, then they have to replace them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones