• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

seidio innocase or otterbox for moto droid?

which case is better the innocase from seidio or the commuter case from otterbox ?

• Total voters
Otterbox hands down! I went through 5 seidio cases that kept coming loose and would squeek and annoy the crap out of me on my phone. On top of that, their customer service reps are not the brightest at all. I ended up just giving my case to one of my friends I was so sick of it.

I have the otterbox for over 2 months now and I am loving it! It covers all of your ports nicely with silocone, yet has the hard shell for the rest of the phone. It is a bit bulkier then the seido, but way worth it in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I have had the Innocase since April and love everything about it. I ordered it with the desktop cradle after I realized Verizon sold me a case that didn't work with docks. I purchased the sapphire blue, which looks classy for my business use, but I really love the fact that it is not slippery and that you can dock it with the case on. Haven't splurged for the car dock yet. I use the dock that Verizon sold me and use rubber bands to keep my Droid attached for travel GPS/Navigation - not classy!!
4502d1273875040-official-google-navigation-thread-navigator.jpg

Upvote 0
i selected all of them just to be a jerk :p haha. but honestly i can only give you an opinion on the seidio innocase. I liked it for the first few months, but i noticed it was hard to use the top rows on the physical keyboard, and can only assume the otterbox is worse considering it looks much thicker. I now have it off and use no case at all. I am willing to sell it if you so choose :D

Upvote 0
i selected all of them just to be a jerk :p haha. but honestly i can only give you an opinion on the seidio innocase. I liked it for the first few months, but i noticed it was hard to use the top rows on the physical keyboard, and can only assume the otterbox is worse considering it looks much thicker. I now have it off and use no case at all. I am willing to sell it if you so choose :D

I honestly have no problems what so ever using the top row of keys with my otterbox. I don't have the smallest fingers and I am able to type just fine with the case on

Upvote 0
Using the top row of my physical keyboard took some getting used to with the shell and holster. However, since I have started using swype, I think I have forgotten how to type normally.

Kratos

Amen to that!

I too use the shell / holster combination, and I so rarely use the physical KB it's pathetic. Swype has made me an addict....

Upvote 0
The otterbox is a great case but on some the top faceplate comes to small which causes it to crack at the top after couple of days to weeks of use...i have had 4 replacements from otterbox...there is a thread in droid forums dot net where otterbox commutercase users for the droid are addressing this. If it wasnt for that it would be the best case ever..the best thing about it is that it doesnt affect sliding to open keyboard at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones