• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio Innocell 1750mAh Vs. Stock

pcsperson

Apr 17, 2010
I wanted to know if there has been any comparison, between 1500mAh vs 1750mAh? As far as talk time, web usage, or everyday usage. I tried to find one for the EVO 4G with no luck.

So if any of the lucky few with EVO and extended battery out there can let me know if it is worth the upgrade?

Thanks

I saw that boss battery site but they don't have the 1750mah Seidio listed and going through the 100 plus reviews on Amazon and other sites it seems the Seidio 1750mah gives noticably longer battery life over stock so I ordered one. It was only 41.00 from Amazon so even if it does only last as long as stock it's not much of a loss. but if it really gives the extra 2-3 hours everyone in those hundred or so reviews says then it is well worth the money. Will definitely be doing some tests with it once I get my EVO.

Upvote 0
I saw that boss battery site but they don't have the 1750mah Seidio listed and going through the 100 plus reviews on Amazon and other sites it seems the Seidio 1750mah gives noticably longer battery life over stock so I ordered one. It was only 41.00 from Amazon so even if it does only last as long as stock it's not much of a loss. but if it really gives the extra 2-3 hours everyone in those hundred or so reviews says then it is well worth the money. Will definitely be doing some tests with it once I get my EVO.

It's there, it's the TP2 Seidio, light use 2 mos. :)

Upvote 0
Well, I've had Seidio extended batteries in the past, and despite Battery Boss's findings, they've always improved my service life. Did I rate them to triple check if they were truly rated as they were labeled? No. Did they still give me longer battery life than the stock battery, in each case I've had one? Yes.

That being said, I ordered a Seidio battery anyway, which showed up today, so I'm starting the break in process today/tonight. I'll have more feedback after a few days of breaking this sucker in.

Upvote 0
The Seidio extended battery I bought for my Pre (not the huge one that needs a different cover), it noticeably extended the device's life between charges. Even now, about a year later that battery has a better life. I keep the stock battery as a backup, particularly when travelling.

I will be ordering another Seidio extended for my Evo.

Upvote 0
my opinion with the seidio batteries. ive had them in most of my devices cause they were easier/almost cheaper to get than the OE batts.

the candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

starting off the batteries worked great, but like 4 or so months into it they start wearing out at a very fast pace. they just dont have the longitivtiy of the OE batteries.

full disclosure: ive had them with everything from treo 650 to 700 up to my current bold 9700 and they have all worked good for a few months and then they die at a faster rate than what would be considered normal.

Upvote 0
I'm a bit concerned tho after reading six2one's feedback...I think I might grab one of the above

*scratches head* Granted, I haven't looked too closely, but I've had Seidio extended batteries for my Palm Pre, Touch Pro, and Treo's, and don't seem to recall having degradation issues. But again, it's not like I was monitoring either. YMMV I suppose.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones