• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio Innocell 1750mAh Vs. Stock

HTC EVO 4G Standard Battery - Original (OEM) RHOD160 35H00123-22M

Replacement OEM HTC Lithium-Ion Battery Pack For Sprint HTC EVO 4G

I'm a bit concerned tho after reading six2one's feedback...I think I might grab one of the above

The OEM TouchPro2 battery and the OEM EVO battery are IDENTICAL. In fact, if you go to HTC's site you can buy EVO accessories direct there and the "spare" battery is the black TP2 battery. The stock numbers are identical except for the last 2 digits which denotes the color:

TP2 OEM = 35H00117-02M
EVO OEM = 35H00117-22M

Real OEM TP2 batteries can be found for cheap on eBay. $40 so it's RED seems like a waste.

Upvote 0
The OEM TouchPro2 battery and the OEM EVO battery are IDENTICAL. In fact, if you go to HTC's site you can buy EVO accessories direct there and the "spare" battery is the black TP2 battery. The stock numbers are identical except for the last 2 digits which denotes the color:

TP2 OEM = 35H00117-02M
EVO OEM = 35H00117-22M

Real OEM TP2 batteries can be found for cheap on eBay. $40 so it's RED seems like a waste.

My man at Sprint store in Westwood hooked me up with a TP2 battery and using it now...works perfectly fine in the EVO!

Upvote 0
Any more Seido users have some data to add? I used a Seido in my Palm Pre and it definately helped. The EVO's battery life seems as good as the Pre with the Seido in it so far. I would love to actually have 4 more hours of life on the EVO and not add thickness.

+1. I imagine lots of people have these. One battery that lasts longer is definitely more practical than carrying to batteries all the time.

Upvote 0
I have to know, does the Droid Eris/Droid Incredible batteries fit in the EVO, they're significantly cheaper and they seem to be the same size since I've heard of people using the HTC EVO battery in their incredible, for some reason they really wanted a red battery, no idea why, I'd prefer a longer battery life imo.

If anyone knows I'd be grateful!

Upvote 0
So far my Seidio 1750mah seems weaker than the stock battery that comes with the EVO, I also notice the stock battery is heavier than the Seidio. Going to keep it a few more days and continue to compare but right now I am thinking I will be returning the Seidio battery and getting another one of the red batteries that comes with the phone. Will update in a few days if anything changes.

Reactions: iTBaggdUrMac
Upvote 0
I've had an Seidio extended batteries for my last 3 HTC devices (Mogul, TouchPro, and TouchPro 2) In each case, it extended my operating life for a few more hours.

Honestly, it is the settings that will extend your battery life. I'm sure that's covered in these forums somewhere. If you're looking for a BIG difference, you inevitably have to go with the big clunkers that require the additional battery door. If you are one of those road warriors that DON'T have a charger for home, office, car...or what have you...then you may want to think about going big.

I purchased a Sprint external battery pack in conjunction with my extended battery...for long flights and such. It has a mini usb port for output that you can use with the charging cable (htc proprietary mini usb connection.) It has MORE flexibility and gives you more bang for your buck...WITHOUT having to sacrifice the form factor of your phone.

Upvote 0
Thanks amw1972 but I'm just looking for a few more hours. 3-4 hours more will make the battery life perfect for me. The thinness of the EVO is a huge selling point for me. I have been getting ~10 hours of use with the stock battery. I use all of the battery saving techniques throughout the day. Comming from the Palm Pre it was second natue to use the EVO in this manner. If the Seido battery truely gives 3-4 more hours ( I would be surprised if 250mah would) that will be all I need. Too bad the TP2 2150mah battery won't fit in the cover...

Upvote 0
I have to know, does the Droid Eris/Droid Incredible batteries fit in the EVO, they're significantly cheaper and they seem to be the same size since I've heard of people using the HTC EVO battery in their incredible, for some reason they really wanted a red battery, no idea why, I'd prefer a longer battery life imo.

If anyone knows I'd be grateful!
I can't speak for the Eris, but the Droid Incredible battery fits in the EVO. But the Incredible battery is less than the EVO. Better off getting a Touch Pro 2 battery if its cheaper.

TS

Upvote 0
I have a 1750 mah battery (seidio), seems like the OEM last longer... dont know yet, we'll see after a weeks worth of use.

I also use a task killer, gps off, bluetooth off, 4g off, wifi on (uses less power than 3g radio). facebook syncs every hour, also with my gmail.

100% charged around 1:00pm, barely used the phone, browsed the internet for 10 minutes.... went to school with 75% at 3:30pm, turned it on once for 5 minutes. got home at 9:20pm then the battery was at 35%.

When i checked the battery info, Cell Standby was #1 at 33%.

Anybody know whats going on? Barely used the phone and it's dying from doing nothing. Played no games and I didn't have any running apps. Killed them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones