• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seidio Spring Clip Holster - No Case - Lots of pics

had and used mines for a good 2 months pretty much since i got my evo june 14. was anticipating for the otterbox so i decided to get the holster(previously had instinct, palm pre, and blackberries seidio holsters...so i know they're good.) i work offshore in the oilfield..and i did a little bit of the oilspill response.For a good 3 weeks, i was out on a boat all day, choppy waters, rainy days, hanging off the side of the boat, and not once did the evo fall out of the holster..i wear on the belt , to keep from carrying in my pocket. i just couldnt have my phone exposed in the nakedness it was working where i work. so now i have the seidio innocase rugged, and boy is it rugged. the bullkness doesnt bother me, actually its better for the purpose of gripping it, but thats wearing jeans and a thick 2 inch belt. at home, the holster is useless in basketball shorts or anything without a belt. every time i take the rugged off, i get this sharp paiin in my wallet, so i just leave it on to get my money's worth now.

ps ..the main reasons for getting the holster was 1-wear on the hiip, 2- face in design so somewhat eliminates the need for screen protector.3- seidio is a good company with good products.

also, had no problem with the holster damaging the phone...loves how it still keeps a slim profile

Upvote 0
lamboh said:
ps ..the main reasons for getting the holster was 1-wear on the hiip, 2- face in design so somewhat eliminates the need for screen protector.3- seidio is a good company with good products.

also, had no problem with the holster damaging the phone...loves how it still keeps a slim profile

Hello,

Thank you for your comments! Keep in mind that we do also sell the Innocase Holster by itself for the slim case that you have within the Rugged Kit for when you don't need the extra protection.

Regards,

Upvote 0
I also have this model because I wanted to have access to my headphone jack and volume controls while holstered. I have zero complaints about it, and it clip doesn't damage my belt when I take it on and off. This clip style is much better for my purposes than any pouch style holster.

And yes, I am one of those nerds that wears the holster on my belt. But it allows me to go without a case or screen protector.

Upvote 0
I also have this model because I wanted to have access to my headphone jack and volume controls while holstered. I have zero complaints about it, and it clip doesn't damage my belt when I take it on and off. This clip style is much better for my purposes than any pouch style holster.

And yes, I am one of those nerds that wears the holster on my belt. But it allows me to go without a case or screen protector.

:cool: on the nerd thing! cool, im glad to hear others have this holster! agreed with the headphone jack and volume keys. makes listening to pandora easier when i am mowing.

Upvote 0
I have this holster as well, albeit the version matched to the Seidio case, and am very happy with it. I've always been a belt-clip type of person as I just don't like carrying heavy stuff in my pockets so I knew when I was going to switch from BBerry to Evo that I'd need to find a good clip setup.

The clip is very secure yet is easy to get on and off my belt. The phone pops in and out of the clip with little effort yet is held securely in place and the clip's construction seems pretty sturdy. I bought the case/clip combo from Amazon and thought it was a great value.

Upvote 0
Hello,

Thank you for your comments! Keep in mind that we do also sell the Innocase Holster by itself for the slim case that you have within the Rugged Kit for when you don't need the extra protection.

Regards,

still on the fence about that one.....currently have 1 holster for the evo naked...and 1 for the evo fully covered in seidio innocase rugged....with my evo..the case is always on...or always off

Upvote 0
does the holster for the naked phone work with a cased phone?

i think itd make sense for the naked holster to work with a cased phone and not the other way around. because the sprint clip is going to be tighter on the naked one, meaning it should be able to expand for the cased phone.

the one for the cased phone will have a clip farther from the phone in order to fit the case in there and therefore not tight enough to fit a naked phone.

thats probably kind of hard to follow, but if someone could please let me know if the holster for a naked phone fits a cased phone thatd be cool?

Upvote 0
does the holster for the naked phone work with a cased phone?

i think itd make sense for the naked holster to work with a cased phone and not the other way around. because the sprint clip is going to be tighter on the naked one, meaning it should be able to expand for the cased phone.

the one for the cased phone will have a clip farther from the phone in order to fit the case in there and therefore not tight enough to fit a naked phone.

thats probably kind of hard to follow, but if someone could please let me know if the holster for a naked phone fits a cased phone thatd be cool?

no. there are 2 different holsters. case + holster and evo + holster.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones