• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seidio Ultimate Crystal Clear Screen Protector

So I picked up this screen protector from Amazon a number of days ago, as 1.) it didn't require water, 2.) it was respectably priced, and 3.) Seidio is said to make good products. Took a couple of weeks to get to me, Amazon was out of stock for a while, but eventually it did finally make it. The pack comes with two screen protectors that are applied and held on by static, though there is definitely something in the production of these that make one side "sticky" as compared to the touch side. Application was something of a chore, the microfiber wipe that was included in the package deposited some lint on the screen, one particle of which I never got off, so there is a tiny little bubble at the top of my phone. Also, the protector is not cut correctly, as a small edge sticks out over the speaker, also forming a bubble since it can't bond with the screen correctly. They definitely are crystal clear though, it looks like there's nothing on it (except for the two bubbles at the top), and the touch sensitivity wasn't diminished in the slightest.

Overall, I wouldn't purchase this product again, even if it went on sale, which I'm imagining it probably will. I've read further reviews on Amazon saying that it scratches easily as well, so I may have to purchase another set. In that event, I believe I'll try out the Steinheil screen protector instead.

XxMerlinxX said:
So I picked up this screen protector from Amazon a number of days ago, as 1.) it didn't require water, 2.) it was respectably priced, and 3.) Seidio is said to make good products. Took a couple of weeks to get to me, Amazon was out of stock for a while, but eventually it did finally make it. The pack comes with two screen protectors that are applied and held on by static, though there is definitely something in the production of these that make one side "sticky" as compared to the touch side. Application was something of a chore, the microfiber wipe that was included in the package deposited some lint on the screen, one particle of which I never got off, so there is a tiny little bubble at the top of my phone. Also, the protector is not cut correctly, as a small edge sticks out over the speaker, also forming a bubble since it can't bond with the screen correctly. They definitely are crystal clear though, it looks like there's nothing on it (except for the two bubbles at the top), and the touch sensitivity wasn't diminished in the slightest.

Overall, I wouldn't purchase this product again, even if it went on sale, which I'm imagining it probably will. I've read further reviews on Amazon saying that it scratches easily as well, so I may have to purchase another set. In that event, I believe I'll try out the Steinheil screen protector instead.

Hello,

Thank you for your comments and we would like to help! Please provide us your order information from Amazon and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!

Regards,

Upvote 0

I'm having the same issue with these, the cut around the ear speaker is not correct. I'm sending seidioseidio a PM about this now.

Upvote 0
I had difficulty, but the second time I tried installation it went better. I wish Seidio would just include 3 with each set because installation seems to be very delicate. I don't think they have to worry about people buying and giving away because it's just not that easy to apply.

That said, once I got them installed, I'm happy. It's kept my screen clear and has no impact on performance.

For installation though, I recommend 1) using form-fit latex or vinyl gloves to avoid getting oil on the screen during installation, 2) having some scotch tape handy - during my second replacement attempt, I was able to get some small pieces of airborne dust off the edges by lightly dabbing the sticky side with the sticky side of the tape - and it led to a smooth installation, and 3) installing from top to bottom so that you get as close to the top-edge grill as possible and then rolling out towards the bottom. I also only lifted the guard off it's plastic backing as I unrolled for installation. Surprisingly this made it much easier to unroll in a straight line too.

I'm glad I don't anticipate doing this again for quite some time. It was a little too delicate to install, but it was worth it to have the clarity and protection.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your comments and we would like to help! Please provide us your order information from Amazon and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!
PM has been sent.

actually, it's the installer. i know what both of you are talking about, but i managed to align my protector perfectly so that it would fit near the earpiece.
Actually, it wasn't the installer, it was the product. Cutting would have been required to have made mine fit properly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones