• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Select all email/psat email and mark as read...

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Once you are used to a Blackberry it's hard to leave one, that's why I went back to my Tour from the Eris. The Eris has great features but the battery is horrible & I can't seem to mark prior read on emails or texts.

With regards to the battery, i was having the same issue, until i downloaded Advanced Task Killer Free. I now open it after im done using it, kill all open apps then sleep. I don't have to charge it all day unless i use it A LOT. Remember, when you open an app, it will keep it running in the background until it is closed completely either by exiting the program or killing it via the program list. ;)

Upvote 0
^Yeah I never tried that app before switching back to my Tour. How long does the battery usually last once installing that app? B/c I was getting 6-8 hours w/ little to NO use. My Blackberry can last a day or two w/ heavy use after one charge.

Well, i couldn't really tell you exactly. I know that i do have a battery monitoring program. Before i used it, it would only last about 6 hours. Now i only charge it at night. The batter app tells me it can go for 2-3 days on standby after i close everything and put it to sleep. But thats just what it tells me. I'm still trying to acquire the validity of its numbers.

Upvote 0
Hmm, that's good to know. I may give my Eris another shot w/ those 2 apps installed. What's the name of the Battery one?! I'll see if I like the battery life then.

Of course, there still is the ALL TOUCH that sometimes becomes annoying to me when I am in the mood to type a lot & fast, lol.
It is called Battery Snap. And yes, i have found the same issue with the typing. But, we have to remember, that with every device on the planet, we will never find one that suites every need/want. There will always be kinks and issues. If there was, we wouldnt have options :D

Upvote 0
Of course, there still is the ALL TOUCH that sometimes becomes annoying to me when I am in the mood to type a lot & fast, lol.

What is "ALL TOUCH"?

Here's a tip which you might find useful - a number of users (me too) report much faster typing if they turn off haptic feedback. I'm not sure why this is the case - maybe that little "buzz" has a fixed duration, and the Eris won't accept keystrokes faster than the rate at which successive (haptic feedback) buzz's occur.

Settings -> Locale & text -> Touch Input -> Text input -> Vibrate when typing (unchecked)

HTH

eu1

Upvote 0
With regards to the battery, i was having the same issue, until i downloaded Advanced Task Killer Free. I now open it after im done using it, kill all open apps then sleep. I don't have to charge it all day unless i use it A LOT. Remember, when you open an app, it will keep it running in the background until it is closed completely either by exiting the program or killing it via the program list. ;)

Killing tasks isn't going to show you a dramatic effect on battery life. Memory / performance, yes, but once the apps are idle, they don't use much power.

In your case, I'd think that one of your apps was keeping the phone working or preventing it from sleeping until you forced closed it.

Remember these apps are not tested....except by us!!

Upvote 0
Killing tasks isn't going to show you a dramatic effect on battery life. Memory / performance, yes, but once the apps are idle, they don't use much power.

In your case, I'd think that one of your apps was keeping the phone working or preventing it from sleeping until you forced closed it.

Remember these apps are not tested....except by us!!
Yep, Thats why i suggest killing all of them until someone figures out which one it is :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones