1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Selecting Audio-Out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmarkman, Feb 16, 2011.

1. jmarkman

jmarkman Lurker

I feel like I can't be the first person with this question, but I can't find an answer anywhere. If I'm missing the obvious, please let me know!

I'm using a DroidX, an A2DP-enabled Bluetooth headset and a tape-deck adapter for my car. What I'd like to be able to do is have the audio playing out the car's stereo via the tape-deck adapter plugged into the phone's 3.5mm jack, and at the same time have the Bluetooth headset connected in case a call comes in while I'm driving. The problem is that the Bluetooth seems to take precedence over the 3.5mm jack, and the audio from the phone plays out the Bluetooth instead of the car's stereo. I am a sad panda.

I don't want to turn off the media option on the Bluetooth, because I do sometimes want to play media out the Bluetooth (like when I walk my dog and don't have my headphones). Going in and switching it every time I get in the car is a pain.

So, in short, is there any way to change which the preferred audio-out is (3.5mm vs. Bluetooth) or, alternatively, a good widget that would make the switch quicker?

Thanks!

-Jon

Advertisement

2. Dabitz

Dabitz Android Enthusiast

Did you know a phone call will play through the 3.5mm jack as well? I intend to setup mine using only the 3.5mm jack because music quality through bluetooth isn't the best. Have to find a short cable first.

3. sic0048

sic0048 Android Enthusiast

Sounds like a job for tasker. You could set a task that fire off whenever you plugged something into the headphones jack that would turn off the bluetook media. (Actually I don't know if you could turn off just the media portion since I've never tried it, but I bet your could).