1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Selecting default phone app as 'always' NEVER works.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by glamsugar003, Oct 2, 2014.

1. glamsugar003

glamsugar003 Lurker

I am beyond frustrated with this... when googling phone numbers and clicking either the google listing call button or trying to dial a number from in my browser app (I have only ever used the default browser, which is why I'm so stumped) it asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME to select which app I want to use to make the call. I have skype and fongo both installed, but when I use them I only ever dial out from within each app.. and have set calls from numbers/listings in my browser as 'always' calling from the regular built-in phone function. And it NEVER sticks.

Just now, I tried to call a number that I clicked on from the yellowpages website. The window pops up asking whether I want to call/message/save contact/etc. And I click call. Then I get a second window that asks me which app I want to use for these types of calls, phone, skype or fongo. I select phone, and click on 'always'. I get the little blurb about how to clear defaults (which I do not do, because clearing it means it will need to ask me again next time). It takes me to the phone app and I call. THEN, as a test, I went back to the same browser page and clicked the same number again, and it takes me through ALL of those steps all over again. Even though I literally JUST set the phone as default moments before. How do I fix this?????

rlp900 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rlp900

rlp900 Newbie

This has been happening to me as well. It drives me nuts.

For me it seems like it doesn't ALWAYS happen. I'll have a few days where it won't ask, then all of a sudden it will again. Sometimes it'll ask every time for a few days. Terrible.

If someone can solve this I'll be extremely grateful!

3. TheBigKahuna

TheBigKahuna Well-Known Member

Mine does this all the time with several aps....especially browser aps, maps, youtube, etc. Does it every time regardless of which option I choose.

But I've come to expect this. My S4 is the biggest POS phone I've ever owned.

4. sreum

sreum Android Enthusiast

When you run across this problem...... Are you closing out or killing all apps after the first time you have selected the phone number?

Or do you allow for example, yellow page to continue running in the background?

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews