• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Selecting text in Gmail

youstink

Lurker
Jun 22, 2010
I was able to long press on the screen to get the text selection popup thing to show for other email account but for some reason that technique doesnt work for gmail.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? I am trying to copy addresses and names from email and paste into a text message.

Thanks

Connecting to Gmail via the browser will give you copy and paste functionality. I bookmarked the gmail site and then created a bookmark shortcut on my home screen. Works just as well as the Gmail widget so far.

*EDIT* The stock Gmail widget is much easier for quickly checking email, but I think I will keep the bookmarked shortcut for times when I need to copy text.

I wish that the integration with Maps was present in the mobile versions of Gmail. I would love to be able to highlight and address in an email and open it up in Maps..or get navigation directions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones