• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Self Contact Icon

josephk2

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
I have an HTC Evo and though I have added my information (including Gmail account) into the personal contact card, I can not assign a contact icon to myself.

This is by no means a big deal however it gets annoying seeing the man in the grey box in all my text conversations.

I have an HTC Evo and though I have added my information (including Gmail account) into the personal contact card, I can not assign a contact icon to myself.

This is by no means a big deal however it gets annoying seeing the man in the grey box in all my text conversations.

Yes, you can give yourself your own pic.

Open People, click yourself (Should be the very top person), menu>edit, click the gray box (top right) and choose the prompt for a pic.

Also, if you use Handcent, in a conversation list click on your icon and it will prompt you to choose a photo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones