1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Self opening app's

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by broekje16, Sep 18, 2011.

1. broekje16

broekje16 Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Vries - Holland
    Hello people,

Two day's ago I got the LG Optimus 3D Speed. It works great and I totally love the phone. I just got 2 little question wich I hope you can help me with because a guy from a phone store didn't know the answer.
    I know from my old phone that app's aren't totally closed so I installed a taskkiller. But when I open my taskkiller it shows that a lot of applications are open that I didn't use. A lot of app's I actually never used. Why are these opened by them self? And is there something I can do about it because if a lot of app's are open the phone will be slower en the batterie will run dry faster.
    Other thing is that my musicplayer (standart android player) toggle's shuffle on sometimes. I'm listening to a great song and suddenly I hear another song because the damn suffle is turned on.
    Hope you guy's can help me with my questions. I appreciate it.

Greetz and many thanks!

Advertisement

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    The first thing you should do to save power it's to delete your task killer. The OS is based on linux and can leave things open without running them. Windows, on the other hand, can't do this so whatever is open is using resources like memory, power, or the processor. Letting the Android OS kill things FOR you will save power as the OS will otherwise spend resources to re-open what the task killer closes, when those resources would've been saved had those things been left alone to begin with.

danaj and broekje16 like this.
  3. broekje16

broekje16 Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Vries - Holland
    So if I get things right i shouldn't be bothered by the taskkiller showing things are open. Just delete the taskkiller and don't take evort to close things because that would cost more power than leaving them alone. Thnx:)

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    In short, yes. In my experience, closing stuff down in that way simply does more harm than good..