1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Self re-start (re-boot)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marvin123, Aug 29, 2011.

1. marvin123

marvin123 Member

I keep my phone in my shirt's breast pocket, If indeed I'm using it at all and generally it is the standby mode. However on about two occasions I have taken it out and pressed the 'on' button only to find it goes through a re-start procedure rather than come alive and allow me instant access to the Home screens.
    Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Another irritation due to design and finger clumsiness is when you want to shut the phone down, you hold the top button down until the menu appears and then you stab the Airplane 'button' by mistake as it is immediatley below the off button. :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Meh

Meh Well-Known Member

My first DS rebooted a lot. In five days it averaged three reboots a day - on finishing calls, browsing the web, starting an app, whatever really. Swapped it nine days ago and not a single reboot in that time. Seems to vary by handset by experience and other users. I know the second handset is slightly newer than my first as the first handset did an update when I got it, and second didn't. Maybe something fixed by HTC in the meantime.

3. ulsterman61

ulsterman61 Lurker

Hi am now on my third replacement ds inside 6 weeks random crashed no apparent reason
    im with 02 and only have geocache tonepicker apps downloaded :mad:

HTC Desire S Forum

The HTC Desire S release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews