• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

self service app on my phone that has access to everything

T

Tired of apps

I discovered an app called "Self Service verizon SZ _4.3.21" on my Kyocera Virgin Mobile Phone. This app's does not come with an uninstall feature and the radio button "disable" is disabled so that I can stop this app from running unless I use the button Force stop which is enabled. The problem I have with this app is that is full control over everything on my phone and can even bypass my password to unlock my phone. It advises it can directly call phone numbers that may cost me money, send sms messages it can receive my sms messages It can manage the account list, use the authentication credentials on the account it can create Bluetooth connections, and full internet access. It can modify and delete things on my sd card it can change my audio settings It can read phone state and identify. It has Bluetooth administration change network connectivity, change WiFi state, disable key lock, modify global system settings, prevent my phone from sleeping, write sync settings. I am very concerned about this app as it seems it can do things from my phone that could make it look like I was doing it. I tried searching for information on this app and have come up empty. Can anyone help?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones