1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Selfie taking reverse photos

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ketanco, May 25, 2019.

1. ketanco

ketanco Newbie

I bought a samsung galaxy s9 but when i take selfie, it takes the photo as mirror image. for example when you look at the picture later, you see that my left hand is like my right hand, or a text in the photo seems reversed, , reads from right to left... how can i correct this situation?

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Isn't that the way every photo works?
    Isn't it the same as if someone was standing in front of you looking at you? Surely your left hand would be on their right so to reverse it would be the opposite of what it should be :thinking:

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Check the front camera settings. Samsung calls it "Save picture as previewed" which is flipped or mirrored. You've probably got it ON.

MrJavi, Dannydet and Shotgun84 like this.
  4. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

I do get that a ton, when selfies of Instantgram a lot. Was wondering what is going on with the universe?

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Ye, the default preview for the front(selfie) camera is usually flipped, as if you're looking at yourself in a mirror.

MrJavi likes this.
  6. lvt

lvt Android Expert

My HTC phone does the same, but I realized that I look a bit better that way, so I don't complain :)

7. ketanco

ketanco Newbie

thanks i discovered it too after writing my message. it is how like you described.....

Dannydet likes this.
  8. ketanco

ketanco Newbie

so are you saying, when you take a selfie, you can not read what is written on your tshirt, because it is backwards from right to left? :D:D
    because that is whathappened to me but now I corrected it

Shotgun84 and Dannydet like this.
  9. Milo Willamson

Well techincally no one can read their own t-shirts when photographed. It is a strange thing as a photographer myself.8

10. ketanco

ketanco Newbie

for that you must stop trying to read your tshirt during taking photo, but try to read it after taking the photo, by looking at the photo on your phone.
    if you try to read your tshirt during taking photo, then first of all your neck is gonna hurt, plus you wont be able to show your face to the screen ,which is the goal of taking a selfie in the first place.
    and when you look at that photo, if you see that the letters are reversed in your photo, and you can not read your tshirt, then you can start to follow this thread from the beginning again, have a fresh start, read the solution, which is solved now.... then you will be able to read your tshirt even after taking photos... which is good thing...

11. Milo Willamson

Hard to photograph what you see.

Due because of the human eyes see everything wrong.

12. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Yeah sorry, I misread as you saying your left hand was on the right side of the photo, which a selfie does as it's taken from the opposite direction you are. I missed you saying about the text being the wrong way which is the reverse of the reverse. My bad and apologies :)

#12 Shotgun84, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  13. NAMIR ALTAWIL

NAMIR ALTAWIL Lurker

For Hawawei. Open the selfie camera, go to settings, and switch off the 'mirror reflection'. You will read what is written in your t shirt on the captured picture.

14. Tahcandiloro

Tahcandiloro Lurker

Thank you for tip! It worked, not sure if I chose the option or not as my selfies used to be fine. Now my worded shirts are readable again!

Samsung Galaxy S9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S9 release date was March 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.8" screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2018
Release Date
Reviews