1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sell Inc 2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Beatlesfan, May 15, 2011.

1. Beatlesfan

Beatlesfan Well-Known Member

So I "upgraded" from my rooted dinc1 running incROM to the inc 2 and now I'm kind of regretting the decision. The sense 2.1 is nice, and the larger screen is a big plus, but it looks like root isn't going to happen and if it does the dev support isn't going to be that good probably. I think I'm going to return it. What are your opinions, and what should I tell the guy at the Verizon store? I'm still within my 30 day period. Thanks everyone.

emmur0 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AliceBToklas

AliceBToklas Member

First, check that you really are within your return period. I think they changed to 14 days. I know that's what I was told anyway.

That said, coming from the Eris(rooted) this phone was a big upgrade for me. I have no remorse whatsoever, but can understand that may be different coming from the Inc1.

You need to come to terms just what root & new ROMs mean to you. Other than removing the bloatware and a few other things I'm perfectly happy with stock - so far. I'm still hopefully that root will be coming due to those working on the IncS (hence removing the bloatware) but if it doesn't I'll be just fine with the phone as it is. The other reasons I was rooted on my Eris mostly been provided by my new Inc2.

3. Beatlesfan

Thanks for your reply. I'm very much a fan of customizing everything like notification bar, lockscreen, etc. I hadn't heard about the change to 14 days, I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

4. Kori_Tamashii

Kori_Tamashii Android Enthusiast

I'm not knowledgeable about root by any means, but I do figure it can't happen overnight.

However, there is indeed a 14 day policy. This was instated around the time the iPhone hit VWZ. It sucks.

5. Beatlesfan

Damn, that does suck. Maybe I can sell it on ebay.

6. patchnauty

patchnauty Well-Known Member

7. nuke21

nuke21 Newbie

I could have swore the lady at my Verizon told me you have 14 days to return it with no problems, but up to 30 full days to return it. After the 14th day you just have to pay a restocking fee, but can still return it. I could have misunderstood incorrectly though.

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews