• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Selling an EVO

get another phone to hold the service

Pull one out of a drawer from '97 if you really need to.
This is your best bet to hold you over for a few weeks. Just return the phone to sprint within the 30 days and you'll be better off than trying to sell the phone to cover the 200 bucks you paid for it AND the 300 some dollar ETF. I'm pretty sure you'll get the 200 dollars refunded that you paid for the phone.

Upvote 0
If you do port your number to a prepaid phone, you might wanna double check that it can be ported from a prepaid phone to verizon.

I had a prepaid phone from straighttalk and sprint said they cant port any prepaid numbers...so I had to get ANOTHER new number =\ ..

Ok, just to clear up some info here, last night I was able to port 2 numbers from Page Plus Cellular (a pre-paid service) to Sprint without any problems whatsoever. I gave the Sprint Customer Service rep my Page Plus info. They confirmed the numbers were Verizon numbers being held at Page Plus. Indeed the numbers came from verizon then moved over to Page Plus, which is a Verizon reseller. One of the numbers actually originated with Sprint then went to Verizon then Page Plus. Had the numbers originated from page Plus then maybe your statement above would have been correct. However, my experience, along with others, prove this is possible and standard procedure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones