1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Selling my Prevail....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Apache Thunder, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder Android Enthusiast

Well had some bad luck with my Prevail. The connector for the touch screen had it's retainer plastic brake off while I was trying to remove the ribbon cable. :( (which means there is no practical way of keeping the cable in contact with the contact pins. Thus this means no working touch screen)

Funny thing is I got it off correct the first time but when I finished I noticed that I forgot to put in the raised guard plastic thing that resides inside the top speaker hole. (which is a separate plastic piece) So a few days later I decided take it apart again and reinstall it and that's when it happened. The original touch screen had a noticeable scratch in the middle of the screen area so I bought a replacement hence why I replaced the touch screen in the first place.

So now I got a phone that won't work correctly until the LCD panel is replaced. The connector for the touch screen is on the back of the LCD panel which then runs through a second connector that merges the two into one and connects to main circuit board. (which is fine by the way, the LCD screen still operates correctly)

So I had two options, replace the LCD screen or get a new phone. I've gone the new phone route and have bought the LG Marquee since I've heard good things about it and it's the best phone Boost has right now. (heck it even has auto focus on it's rear camera. :D )

So I'm selling the current prevail on eBay for anyone who could use it as parts or can fix it for themselves. If anyone here is in need of a cheap phone that they can fix up or have their own Prevail that needs parts, mine can be offered up for that. The touch screen still works and has a screen protector on it (plus an extra one if the one on it is too dirty), but just needs a new LCD panel to properly reconnect it's cable to the phone.

Let me know by PM if your interested.

So as result I will move over to the LG Marquee section of the forums now. Looks like the only down side now is that the new phone doesn't have quite the dev community this one had and it is a bit further behind in terms of what custom roms/mods are out for it. But I'm sure things in that area will get better in time. :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ratjr15

ratjr15 Newbie

Sorry 2 see you go.... I still love ur boot animal.... I hope things go well with the marquee and the Dec support picks up.. I thought of upgrading but see no pt... the very little the marquee has over the prevail doesn't justify the price tag for a broke-#%& like me.....

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

3. Caeadas

Caeadas Well-Known Member

Just curious, why was you inside your phone?

4. jwh42000

jwh42000 Android Enthusiast

I totally hate eBay lol. How much did you want for it?

5. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert

The phone was sold. It went for about $20 plus $7 shipping. I would've bought it outright for about that price without going through ebay... but the Buy It Now price was set at $45 plus shipping. I didn't want to insult him by offering him $20 something for it.

On a side note I sold something on ebay for $45 and they charged me $5+ for the transaction! WTF! Did I make any money on the deal? Barely!

6. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Don't feel bad , I sold a 2 yr old laptop with a cracked screen for $180 and was charged $17 by Ebay and $6 by PayPal not to mention the $20 that it cost for me to ship it . I don't think that I'll be selling anymore high priced items on Ebay because I ended up losing my tail on that deal . I shoulda just fixed that damn screen or parted it out . Oh well , ya live and ya learn .:mad:

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews