1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Selling your phone post tiered data

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jcnyc, Jul 6, 2011.

1. jcnyc

jcnyc Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    So for all of us to keep our unlimited data packages going forward which I think is crucial for 4g users (I consistently go just past 2GB), we can no longer use our upgrades anymore. Therefore, the best way to do this will be to sell your tbolt, and hope that the difference between the new phone's off-contract price and the price you sold your phone, is somewhere close to the price of the new phone with a contract.

My question is, if you do root your phone, does that drop the value of the phone substantially? I read somewhere back int he days that nobody want sto buy rooted phones or something like that?

Advertisement

2. TCM

TCM Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 1, 2011
    The word on the street is that you will be able to upgrade a device with a new two year contract and will be able to keep your unlimited data pack when you do renew your contract.

3. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Male
    Computer Programmer
    Yes, as it stands now: If you have a smartphone with the unlimited data NOW, you are locked into that, as long as you're upgrading into another smartphone, LATER.

As for selling your phone later...there's a market for both, it's just a matter of where you find a buyer. The average person on Craigslist might not care for a rooted phone, unless they're into that. But if you were selling on the forums here, there would probably be a better chance of finding someone who wouldn't mind a rooted phone already.

4. jcnyc

jcnyc Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    Wow and i thought I was well informed on the news, I thought it was only 3g customers would be grandfathered in after using an upgrade and tha texisting 4g customers would be breaking that with their next upgrade. Let's go Galaxy S3 2012!