1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Semi-bootloop (no warranty)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kodisu, Sep 3, 2017.

1. kodisu

kodisu Lurker
    None

Sep 3, 2017
    HELLO!

So I am stuck in a bootloop, but the reason I call it a semi boot loop as follows

The phone will boot and prompt me to set up as new phone, however after a few steps into setup it will freeze, and restart.

Im not sure what is the exact cause of the bootloop, but I have tried the following:
    - factory reset
    - putting it in a freezer

Additional notes:
    - I am not rooted
    - Don't have usb debugging enabled (can't access)
    - is it some how in safe mode
    - hasn't worked for three weeks
    - no warranty ofc

Got a quote to repair the phone 200 AUD, but not willing to pay that as the phone is quite old now.

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I'm not optimistic here.

We can't do anything for hardware problems, and the V10 did have some of those (specifically bootloop problems caused by poor manufacturing). If it's asking to be set up as a new phone that suggests it's been wiped, so there's nothing to lose from going into recovery and doing a factory reset (remove your sd card first, just to be sure). If it's still doing it after that there's probably nothing more you can do.

The escalation after a reset fails to fix a software problem is to reflash the phone's software completely. I'm not familiar with LGs so can't tell you how to do that. However, that won't fix a hardware problem, and more importantly if the phone is as unstable as you describe there's a high likelihood that it will crash part-way through the reflashing, which would leave you in a worse state than currently. Hence I'd personally only try this at the point where I was otherwise going to put the phone in the bin.

As for booting in safe mode, all the instructions I've found suggest using a menu to enter it, but on many phones you can access this by pressing some combination of buttons when booting. Hence it might be worth checking that none of the buttons are stuck, since that can result in phones booting in unusual modes. It sounds like the least of your problems though.

LG V10

The LG V10 is a unique phone launched October 1st 2015. It has a secondary ticker display for showing notifications, information, and battery life. It also has dual front-facing cameras to take selfie shots at different angles.