1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Send and receive calls and Texts for free

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by deltaforce, Aug 14, 2012.

1. deltaforce

deltaforce Android Enthusiast

Hello folks,

This question pertains to HTC One X and Motorola Droid Razr (if that matters)

I am looking for an option using which I can call and text for free using wi-fi, when available. There are tons of guides on the web but none seem to fit my requirement (or I didn't get them). I tried to sign up on sipgate but they do not have any numbers left so no registration for new users.

My issue is, I want calls and texts to be automatically directed through wi-fi when connected but when I am not in wi-fi zone (I don't have data plan), it defaults to mobile carrier. From these guides, I am not too sure if such switching, between mobile carrier and wi-fi, takes place that automatically.

Can anyone give me some more pointers on how to set up free calling and texting with the above mentioned requirement?

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. samsungadvice

samsungadvice Newbie

There are apps like this like skype a good example or ebuddys online texting called xms. All of these apps allow you to text and call over internet and you can choose to only use WiFi and not data plan connection, however they do not automatically switch to mobile signal when no WiFi is available, im not sure there is an app in existance that fits your requirements. Sorry to bring bad news