1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Send message to SMS and email subscribers

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by PastorKen, Jan 8, 2014.

1. PastorKen

PastorKen Guest
    None
    I have a small group of people (<50) that I need to give brief notifications to periodically. Some prefer to be contacted via email, others via SMS. I would like to find an application in which I can contact all in one action rather than composing both a text and email.

For years I have used Outlook on my PC to do this using a group list that included both standard email addresses and the wireless carriers' email to text addresses (eg 5551234567@vtext.com, 5551234567@txt.att.net), but these carrier addresses don't work from my phone (at least not when there are several, and even when there is only one, not consistently). I am using an HTC Rezound.

I have also tried listing these email addresses and carrier addresses as a MailChimp list hoping I could use the "Beamer" app in which a user only has to enter one email address and the entire list is emailed.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Contact your carrier's tech support for help with the carrier email addresses being blocked. That's worked for years - there shouldn't be any problem with it.