• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Send SMS in Landscape view

kriswknight

Nov 14, 2009
Sorry for so many questions in one day, but its my first day...

Is it possible to actually send an SMS while the keyboard is still up in Landscape view? I see if you drop the keyboard that you can send it that way, but is there honestly no send button?

ONE MORE...

Where is the $ at?

Unfortunately, the only way to send an SMS in landscape view is the most annoying -hide the keyboard and then press send.

As for the $ sign, you can either hold down the letter "F" in alpha, or you can switch to the numeric pad (by pressing the "12#" key located next to the period key) and then press the dollar sign which is four keys over on the middle row.

You can also hold down any letter key while texting or emailing to reveal all alternate characters for that key. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
As for the $ sign, you can either hold down the letter "F" in alpha, or you can switch to the numeric pad (by pressing the "12#" key located next to the period key) and then press the dollar sign which is four keys over on the middle row.

I see how to do it while typing in landscape, now, but is there a way to do that while in portrait view in the Compact QWERTY setting?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones