• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help send to voicemail issue

Crashumbc

Android Expert
Apr 7, 2010
B'more
Ok so when I first got my dinc. someone on here showed a awesome trick, by setting about a contact with the number as "Unavailable" you are able to set the contact to go directly to VM so you don't have to worry about those calls...

Either VZW as changed something or it doesn't work on 2.2...

Anyone do this or have ideas on how to make this work again?

jwm1986, glad I could help.

Crashumbc, I don't know what you are talking about. Send to voicemail is either on or off for any particular contact, there is no number. When a contact is set to be sent to voicemail calls you, they will be told that you are "unavailable" and be sent directly to voicemail. Can you post a screen shot?

Upvote 0
Ok re-reading my OP I wasn't real clear.

I'm talking about calls with no phone num# displayed(either because its blocked or more likely a marketing call)

If you look at the phone when you receive a call it says "Unavailable" for the phone#

Before 2.2 I was able to set up single contact with the purpose of sending these straight to VM by putting in "Unavailable" for the phone # and checking the to VM button.

This no longer works :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones