1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Send tones on G3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by leonardochen0, Oct 27, 2014.

1. leonardochen0

leonardochen0 Lurker

When a contact on my G3 needs the phone to send extra tones (for calling cards for example), the phone will send the tones so fast that the receiving side will not register.

For example, a contact phone number is saved as 555-123-4567;999999
    The phone will pause at the ";" and ask me to press a button to continue.
    When I press it, the 999999 are sent in less than a second, all bunched up, and the other side of the call cannot make sense of it.

Used to work great on my other android phones, seems to be a problem with the G3.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Have you tried adding commas? Each comma will add a pause.

3. leonardochen0

leonardochen0 Lurker

Yes, the comma will add 3 seconds. But if there is a sequence of numbers following the comma, they will be sent in the same way, too fast to register on the other side.
    I could put one comma between each number, but it would make it take too long to dial a full number....

I think it's clearly a bug with the G3 phone app. But I have no idea how to report it to LG...

4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Hmmm....hadn't noticed prior, but you're right. Seems like the tones are way too short to register. Not sure how to fix that.

5. GS300

GS300 Member

I have voice mail set up as *86,,password#1 and then use the direct dial widget for it. I believe the first time the password and #1 didn't register but all the rest of the time it has. Very nice way of getting to that first voice mail with a single touch.

I am on Verizon just in case you are on a different network. I would try a few more commas also.

GS

GS

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews