• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Send via bluetooth with blackberry (not connecting)

Trel

Android Enthusiast
Nov 9, 2009
My mother and I paired my droid to her blackberry. We then tried sending pictures back and forth. When she sent to me, everything worked fine, but every time I tried to send, it give an error that it cannot connect. Anyone know how to fix this?

One thing that I forgot to mention. You have to pair both directions. Just having one pairing is only one-way transfer, I was able to send when paired, but not received from unless the sender phone was also paired to me separately (reverse process)

It could be the other way around though, I don't quite remember -- but it works ;)

-droidosis-

Upvote 0
If it doesn't support it, then why is one of the built in options "Send Via Bluetooth"?

When I first ran into that app, they were *trying* to get it working. Like I said, I have not tried it since the 2.0.1 update, b/c I have had other things on my plate, but I'll try to give it a shot again and see if I now have Push or not.

This one deserves to be resurrected...

Indeed. Stickified would be better, but I doubt that will happen.

I've sent videos and pictures from droid to a paired droid via BT with no problems.

Receiving droid gets a message in the Notification Bar "Blah Blah is trying to send you a file.. ACCEPT, etc."

Seems to work for me. Haven't tried to a Blackberry yet.

-droidosis-

Was that using Bluetooth File Transfer, or natively via the DROID OS?

One thing that I forgot to mention. You have to pair both directions. Just having one pairing is only one-way transfer, I was able to send when paired, but not received from unless the sender phone was also paired to me separately (reverse process)

It could be the other way around though, I don't quite remember -- but it works ;)

-droidosis-

Hmmm - never thought about that either. Of course, for the longest time I had major issues with pairing in the first place as my computer had stupid drivers for my BT dongle....

when i pair i almost always get different confirmation codes. it's annoying :mad:

That has never happened. Is it possible that you have more than one BT source around you?

Upvote 0
When I first ran into that app, they were *trying* to get it working. Like I said, I have not tried it since the 2.0.1 update, b/c I have had other things on my plate, but I'll try to give it a shot again and see if I now have Push or not.

Indeed. Stickified would be better, but I doubt that will happen.

Was that using Bluetooth File Transfer, or natively via the DROID OS?

Hmmm - never thought about that either. Of course, for the longest time I had major issues with pairing in the first place as my computer had stupid drivers for my BT dongle....

That has never happened. Is it possible that you have more than one BT source around you?

yes it very well may be likely

Upvote 0
I just want to say we got it working and copied from the droid to blackberry. I've got the Samsung Galaxy S2.

First download the Android application "Send via Bluetooth" because the built-in bluetooth does not seem to ALWAYS work.

On the BB you need to go in to a media application (like video, photos, etc), then in the menu select "Receive via Bluetooth". It will the say waiting...

Then on the droid choose the video/picture and on the menu choose "Share via" or whatever. Then choose "Send via Bluetooth".

The BB will then ask to accept.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones