1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Sender and Recipient name in emails repeated multiple times

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shogunex, Jul 23, 2010.

1. shogunex

shogunex New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Hi

I just got my first android phone (Captivate) and I'm happy with it for the most part. But I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else. I have a gmail account setup with the default Email app on the phone. When I send an email to someone using the phone, and I look at the email using a regular web browser on a PC, both the Sender and Recipient names are repeated multiple times.

It looks something like:
    To: Jon , Jon , Jon

Although, it looks like only 1 email is actually being sent out. Anyone know how to fix this?

Advertisement

2. nickybad77

nickybad77 New Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Hello. I'm resuming this topic as on my Samsung Galaxy S i9000 with Android 2.2 Froyo update I'm experiencing the same problem: whenever I send an e-mail with the default application and look at it on a web based client like Gmail or my e-mail client (Mail) on my Macbook, it always look as:
    Reply to: myname
    myname
    myname
    myname
    myname
    myname
    To: recipient1,
    recipient2,
    recipient1,
    recipient2,
    recipient1,
    recipient2,

Have you ever found a solution for that or is there anyone else who had the same issue and solved it?

Many thanks

3. jrmac57

jrmac57 New Member

Mar 30, 2011
    In addition to multiple senders/recipients, I am having random old e-mails attach to current e-mails when I reply or forward. In one case, the e-mail attached a two month old e-mail.

4. NatesMom

NatesMom Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    I noticed this as well whenever I go to access my threads on gMail.

There seems to be a bug with the stock email client and iMap on the Captivate. I've looked in the phone & web settings for gmail and phone client. I couldn't find anything to fix it.

Instead, I use the gMail phone client. Whereas the interface, imho, isn't as elegant, it gets rid of the annoying multiple recipient entries as well as the extra bcc-like entry when you go to view on the web.