1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Sending a Titanium Backup via Email - 3 files??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scudder, Aug 3, 2011.

1. scudder

scudder Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2010
    Male
    Ex-attorney ("retired" at 27)...
    State of Confusion (FL too)
    Hello...

So I've perused my Titanium backup folder in the past and I'm familiar with the various files that are produced and kept when making backups of APK files. There is MORE THAN ONE file associated with a given app's apk files in Titanium.

So I was looking into the "Send this backup..." option in Titanium to send someone the apk file that I had. That option attached THREE files:...one with the filename/extension ".properties" one with "tar.gz" and one "apk.gz"

I was wondering the significance of each of these files?? I'm assuming that the ".properties" file is a settings/data file. I'm familiar with the extensions "tar" and "gz" as archive/compressed files...but I was wondering the difference between tar.gz and apk.gz??

Also if I simply wanted to send the apk file to someone "manually" through my computer or keep the apk file on my computer archived without caring about the data, do I simply download/save the apk.gz file, decompress down to the apk and keep that??

THANKS!

Advertisement

2. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Male
    If you just want to send the apk to someone, use a file explorer that can gain root access such as root explorer and navigate to data/app, that is where your phone stores all of its apks. Although if the app is a system app it will be kept in system/app.

3. scudder

scudder Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2010
    Male
    Ex-attorney ("retired" at 27)...
    State of Confusion (FL too)
    Thanks, but was already aware of that. If I wasn't clear originally, I was interested in archiving/saving/sharings an OLDER version of the app archived using Titanium Pro, said apk files NOT residing in the data or system folders...

Tags: