1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General sending a video in a text messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gemmydn, Mar 24, 2011.

1. gemmydn

gemmydn Member
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    I finally figured out how to send a video in the text message. You have to open up messages first, add recipeint and click on the attachment icon on the lower right hand corner, then click on the first icon to the far left, looks like pictures it will give you a menu than click on camcorder and take video. and it will make a slide show for you to send in your text which is of course the video you just made.

For some reason you can not take video's from your gallery and put them in a text message it says they are too big. Anyway thought I would post this for anyone else who was going crazy trying to figure out how to do this.
    Gemmydn:p

Advertisement

2. JaRN99

JaRN99 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    In doing it this way what is the limit to the length of video you can send? In making a recording, saving it to the sd card then later sending it I found that the longest video I can send is 10 seconds and that's with the picture quality turned all the way down. Still disappointed that the Inc. is like this considering I used to be able to take and send 60 second videos with my old LG env touch.

yasin810 likes this.
  3. gemmydn

gemmydn Member
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    I was able to shoot a 52 second video before it stopped. I forgot to mention that it will only work in the stock messages app not handcent although it shows up there after it is sent.
    The video quality is not as good as using the camcorder alone but its okay. I just did a test and it looked good but of course to much motion to fast causes distortion. I was just glad to have figured it out. Just for sending quick little videos through texting is something I have missed.

it must automatically change the video quality to make it small enough to send.

4. gemmydn

gemmydn Member
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    okay tried it outside to see if video quality would be better, not really:(. Well it's definately not good for videos you would want to keep but at least it works.
    Maybe someone else can give some ideas on how to improve the quality. Oh well you can always post the regular videos on facebook or email them anyway.

5. gemmydn

gemmydn Member
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Something else I figured out about the video quality. If you hold the phone still the picture is alot better. I did not think it looked that great untill I saw it on the persons phone I sent it to. It looked pretty good on her phone but my phone it still looked pixalated. go figure:thinking: of course hers is not a smart phone. Hers is a pantech crux

6. ONJFan

ONJFan Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 3, 2010
    When your in camcorder mode you can pull the side bar and go into your settings and you can see that when you attach your video you have 2 settings to choose from when recording, 320x240 or 176x144. It would be cool to be able to utilize the HD 720 in text messages.

7. Roq

Roq Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 22, 2009
    Orange County, Ca
    You mean you sent an MMS? Or do you really mean that you sent some sort of SMS with embeded video?