1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sending and receiving mms messages?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RocketFoot, Feb 8, 2011.

1. RocketFoot

RocketFoot Well-Known Member
    None

Can anyone give me some pointers on sending and receiving pictures, animated text messages, videos...etc.

Do I need an app to do it? Or will the factory app work? Any app recommendations?

Sorry, I am new to the whole Android thing! :)

Advertisement

2. Lanzagas

Lanzagas Newbie
    None

Feb 8, 2011
    Yes you can use the default APP called Messaging.
    I like GO SMS. Free and can create custom notifications.

3. RocketFoot

None

I downloaded Handcent...but i saw that there is a paid upgrade for messaging or something? Maybe I'll try GO SMS.

4. adam97202

adam97202 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
    The free version of Handcent works just fine for me. It's ad-supported, but the ads are only in the configuration screens, bless them.

5. irsuzyq

irsuzyq Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    New to Android phone. I downloaded GO SMS but how come I don't see the app along with the others? I can use it if I go to the Market app and look at installed apps. Sorry for such a novice question, still trying to figure things out here. Having problems receiving MMS through messaging and thought GO SMS would help me out. Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

6. RocketFoot

None

No, it appears that there is a know issue with receiving MMS...hopefully they will get it fixed. It can't hurt to call VM Cust Service and start a ticket!

As far as apps, you have to go to your installed apps page and press and hold the goSMS icon and the screen will change so you can let it go on your home page. Be sure to change notifications on your factory messaging or you'll get to notifications! You can do the same for the factory messaging app...press and hold then drag and drop to the garbage can. It doesn't delete, it goes to your installed app's page! Hope this helps!

Tags: