• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sending email by javamail in android

Hello,
I was previously able to send mail using JavaMail API through gmail but now they are not allowing less secure apps and so I am no longer able to send email using gmail. How can I get around this ? Can I use hotmail for this purpose ?

Please help

regards

Sanjish
Hi,
I reviewed your Question and find out your Answer
The technique used to send emails using Gmail from Java will be reused in this instruction for Android. Keep in mind that we must use the converted versions of JavaMail for Smartphones rather than the same Jar files that we used through the JavaMail API.

Upvote 0
How can I get around this ? Can I use hotmail for this purpose ?

Regarding your reference to Hotmail, is this a matter of switching away from Gmail to use Outlook instead, or using the Outlook app to access your Gmail account? (Keep in mind Microsoft phased out Hotmail over a decade ago and now uses Outlook as its default email service).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones