• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sending emails from my GSII

BIG H

Lurker
Jan 14, 2012
Hi All
I have just got my first ever mobile phone, Samsung Galaxy S2, i am receiving emails from my Orange account but do not seem to be able to reply or send emails from it.
i am using a pop3 account and am not sure if i have things set up correctly, if you can help me i would appreciate it.

Thanks
Paul

Your outgoing mail will go through Orange's smtp server, so you should list that as smtp.orangehome.co.uk.

Your incoming mail (pop3) server should be whatever your email provider uses. You've obviously got that right as you're receiving mail.

You may be making the mistake of using the smtp server for your email provider but, what you must remember, is that your outgoing mail is being sent from an Orange account and it goes through Orange's server.

However, you might consider getting a gmail account. I have my own company domain name but I send all mail from my SII by gmail. You can instruct gmail to send the mail as though it's from your other email address, so when anyone gets a message they think it's from your usual address and they reply to that. This way you have no problem with outgoing smtp servers.

The best way to use any Android device in my opinion is to get behind Google. I now use Google Contacts, Google Calendar and Google Picasa for photos. They all synchronise seamlessly with my phone and are safe as they are stored in the cloud.

Reactions: BIG H
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones