1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sending emails from my GSII

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by BIG H, Jan 14, 2012.

1. BIG H

BIG H Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2012
    Hi All
    I have just got my first ever mobile phone, Samsung Galaxy S2, i am receiving emails from my Orange account but do not seem to be able to reply or send emails from it.
    i am using a pop3 account and am not sure if i have things set up correctly, if you can help me i would appreciate it.

Thanks
    Paul

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Check what domain is your email on? Gmail? Hotmail?

BIG H likes this.
  3. Motorhomer

Motorhomer Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Male
    Retailer
    Lancashire, England
    Your outgoing mail will go through Orange's smtp server, so you should list that as smtp.orangehome.co.uk.

Your incoming mail (pop3) server should be whatever your email provider uses. You've obviously got that right as you're receiving mail.

You may be making the mistake of using the smtp server for your email provider but, what you must remember, is that your outgoing mail is being sent from an Orange account and it goes through Orange's server.

However, you might consider getting a gmail account. I have my own company domain name but I send all mail from my SII by gmail. You can instruct gmail to send the mail as though it's from your other email address, so when anyone gets a message they think it's from your usual address and they reply to that. This way you have no problem with outgoing smtp servers.

The best way to use any Android device in my opinion is to get behind Google. I now use Google Contacts, Google Calendar and Google Picasa for photos. They all synchronise seamlessly with my phone and are safe as they are stored in the cloud.

BIG H likes this.