1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

sending mass message? facebook in way!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cbuts05, Aug 10, 2012.

1. cbuts05

cbuts05 Lurker

Hi Everyone, i just got my new htc one x.
    upon installing apps, i installed Facebook, and facebook Messenger, and i synced them not knowing what it would do, before that, i was able to send a mass message and select "all" of the contacts that i manually added and it worked, but after installing facebook and messenger, now i have DOUBLES with pictures, so when i want to send a mass message, and i hit select all, it selects alll my contacts i manually added + all the people on facebook i barley talk to.

Can somebody PLEASE help me solve this issue, ive tried removing both apps, and restarting my phone, but all the doubles and pictures are still there?

i just want to be able to mass message all the numbers i manually added to my SIM CARD.

thank you.,

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% but I think you need to link the facebook contact to your phone or google contact. They should then be treated as one.

I'm not with my phone right now but I seem to remember if you go into contacts (people) and select a contact the link/delink button.appears.

You can also select the menu to find other options for dealing with duplicates and stuff.

3. cbuts05

cbuts05 Lurker

yeah ive seen the link for duplicates i just dont wanna delete the wrong ones.. ive turned sync off n tried removing the app n reinstallin butjust didnt work. when i go to compose a message, the contacts that i added to my simcard phonebook appear in a list of ppl from my facebook, i need a way to message MY contacts, its buggin me :p lol

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews