1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sending Mbps South

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Thom, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member Thread Starter

I am in Keene NH and am still in 3G. I visited Peterborough and Nashua three different times and both have 4G coverage.

Running speed tests in those areas results in 3 to 5 Mbps down and 2 to 6 Mbps up.

I keep seeing references to 4G downloads like 15 to 20 Mbps in these forums.

How can the measured results be so radically different? Is the service being "throttled back" in this area or is the speed a function of load on the tower?

... Thom

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I imagine that is antenna load as you are essentially in the Boston market there. I'm in central mass and the 4g is within 5 miles of me on three sides, but I'm still stuck on 3G too.:(

3. wildkitten

wildkitten Android Enthusiast

I get about 5-6Mb/s up and down during the day, but I notice at night I can get about 15Mb/s. I would hazard a guess that it probably has to do with load.

4. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member Thread Starter

Interesting. My three tests were during the day each time.

... Thom

5. wildkitten

wildkitten Android Enthusiast

Yeah, I just downloaded the Speedtest app a few days when I saw people linking their results in the other thread about 4G. When I got it and tried it a few times in the day I saw the slower speeds and just to see what would happen I tried it around 11pm and sure enough, faster speeds.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it does seem to a load type things.

6. thetingster

thetingster Android Enthusiast

[​IMG]

I got this tonight in Salt Lake City. I think a lot of the results are subjective and based on signal-strength and location.

7. DanDroide

DanDroide Android Enthusiast

Just tested mine with Speed Test:

[​IMG]

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews