1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sending MMS LG optimus V

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by izzylizzy, Mar 26, 2011.

1. izzylizzy

izzylizzy Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Hi I looked through the threads before posting this and nothing seems to be exactly what I Am looking for. I have not and probably will not root my phone. I have had no problem receiving MMS in fact my niece sent me a video of a girl doing something like singing or something I forgot. She sent it to me from Verizon network I think from her LG Ally. Anyway it came in fine. However when I go to send a picture to anyone on any network...I hit "send" after it "converts to MMS" and it shows up on my end so completely oblivious to the fact that the other person doesn't see it I go on texting like it was sent. However I asked my mom about two separate pictures that on my side appeared to be in the "Thread" but never showed up for her. She was clueless and wasn't sure what I was referring to it was a picture i took with my camera of the burns on my wrist. This also happened with my other niece when I sent her a picture that my son had made for her using my phone and the paintjoy app.

Is there a quick fix for this? People aren't seeing my messages. MY one niece is on Verizon ( I guess?) and has LG ALLY my other niece is on Revol IDK her brand of phone but it normally receives mms well, my mom has an iPhone and is on ATT :thinking:

Again I can receive them so far no problem its sending that seems to be the bug.

Advertisement

2. Icarus1337

Icarus1337 Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    After I reas this I tried sending an mms to my samsung at&t go phone. It worked just fine

3. izzylizzy

izzylizzy Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Glad yours worked but I need mine to work.;) It doesn't work for me at all.I see it as if it were sent but the other person cannot see the picture and it is as if I never sent it.

4. RolandTumble

RolandTumble Newbie
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    Maybe your picture is too large? I haven't tried sending MMS with the default Messaging app, but I did send one with Handcent. As I started to compose it, I got a notice that "Picture too large, compressing", and I know it was received on the other end.

5. izzylizzy

izzylizzy Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011

On the default it says compressing then sends and i sent one and it still says "sending..." after 10 minutes now. I also tried it on handcent SMS and my mom never got it but it appeared to be sent on my end. Maybe this is just a unique problem? :thinking:

6. izzylizzy

izzylizzy Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    I went to the default messaging one just now and it shows on the picture I tried to send yesterday to my mom underneath it says "Sending...." As if it never did send so now i dont know why it doesn't complete that action of sending.

7. weddle

weddle Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    Male
    independent subcontractor
    PA
    Mine did that shortly after I bought it...it's fine now but I had called customer service about my data problem and they updated something on my phone that fixed my issues. My advice would be to call and bug them till they fix it. Try this number, it's an escalation number I got the other day..
    877 600 8065

8. thiswateredone

None

Mar 10, 2011
    When sending MMS you need to have the mobile data enabled (3g service). It will not send if you are using wifi only.

If you have 3g enabled and working, try rebooting your phone and confirm the 3g service is working properly. If it is, try sending the MMS again. If failed again and continues to say "sending" you will need to contact VM tech service and have them check your account for possible faults.

I would also stop and delete those MMS that are still saying "sending". You can do that be pressing on the message and then select delete from the menu that pops up.

nimr0d82 and izzylizzy like this.
  9. izzylizzy

izzylizzy Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011

OMG duh! I am a walking talking dumb blonde joke.:rolleyes: My 3g is off haha.

10. izzylizzy

izzylizzy Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Except now the 3g seems to not be working. I can't win rofl.

11. thiswateredone

None

Mar 10, 2011
    Have you tried the fixes? (Airplane mode off/on, wifi on off, reboot) Obviously you turned your mobile data on from off, so that should be ruled out to get your 3g going.

Don't worry I did the same last week. Had my 3g off to save battery and tried to send MMS and kept getting the "sending". After pulling my hair out I decided to turn the 3g on and low and behold...it worked :)

izzylizzy likes this.
  12. izzylizzy

izzylizzy Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    The 3g works but the mms now says "Sent" but nobody is receiving them. I sent one to my husband's straight talk samsung phone and he said he never got it. I sent one to my niece she has Revol idk the brand and she never got it either. The 3G is in perfect working order now. Loading up pages quickly etc.

The messages now SAY "sent" and "appear" sent but are not being seen or received by my recipients.:(

13. weddle

None

Mar 23, 2011
    Male
    PA
    Have you called the number I posted above? It's an escalation number to an american vm customer service agent

14. izzylizzy

izzylizzy Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    okay i can do that. thanks.

ETA: Blue mark Blue cross and blue shield pharmacy provider? I am thinking of just calling their regular line because I don't need insurance thanks.

15. izzylizzy

izzylizzy Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Trying to get through to Virgin a couple of ways. For now my problem is unresolved.

16. izzylizzy

izzylizzy Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Problem solved.

17. Mr_Coffee

Mr_Coffee Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    What was the solution?

18. weddle

None

Mar 23, 2011
    Male
    PA
    I guess they changed it :/ sorry.
    I promise it was a working vm number a few days ago lol.i read on here they change them frequently so I guess it was true...i apologize again

izzylizzy likes this.
  19. izzylizzy

izzylizzy Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    I turned on 3G
    I restarted my phone and cleared the message history and sent a new message to my mom who is on AT&T with an iphone 3gs she saw my pic message. I am getting half sucess rate on sending mms tonight though. I am guessing lag 3g connection issues.:D I will be okay. ?It takes between 5-30 minutes for my recipients to "receive" the picture.

Yeah its okay I was not mad. :D

20. csiemers

csiemers Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 25, 2010
    Try reactivating the phone via the app on the phone, if you activated via the website or by calling.
    I had to try it twice before it completed without an error.
    Ever since I've had no MMS issues with AT&T. Before none of mine would go through.

-Cary
    YouTube - tanksandplanes's Channel (Optimus and Intercept videos)

Encerspay likes this.
  21. Skully

Skully Newbie
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    Yesterday at my brother's house we were taking pics of his kids and sending them back and forth. I can send pics no problem, but when one of them sent me a picture all I got was a bunch of wierd characters in a message from phone# 999999999999. I guess I'm having a problem too.

Tags: