• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My phone is incapable of sending MMS messages...everytime I try, the phone goes to send the message, but never completes sending. I have tried the default message app, as well as Handcent. Same results with both. Any tips for what I may be doing wrong?

Only other piece of info that might be relevant is that the picture I'm trying to send first says "picture too large - resize?" and then I do resize it (comes out at 9k I believe).

Actually, the mobile network doesn't do the trick for me...

I can receive pictures fine, but since I've had the phone in mid november, I haven't successfully sent 1 picture. A lot of times the text I send in the MMS goes through, but the picture does not, and the result is a lot of confused recipients. It's very annoying.

Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Just make sure you have your Moblie network enabled before starting the pic mms transmission... Often times ill forget the mobile network is off, try to send one, then the mobile network widget wont work because it keeps trying to send it. Very annoying actually.

I usually cancel the message, enable mobile network, then send again.

Upvote 0
Doesn't sound like BY724's problem is the same - when I would try to send MMS with text, nothing would go through - the phone would just basically stall in trying to send the message. If the text is going through but not the pic, then I think there's probably something else going on.

BY724 - can you confirm you've tried to send pics to recipients on and off verizon network, and to a variety of devices? I ask because I know there was an issue with sending pics to iphone users...

Upvote 0
I have had the phone since november as well and never have been able to send or receive picture messages. 3g on the entire time. Everytime someone sends me a picture message I just get a text message from my own phone number. The text reads.. basically.. (standard verizon message) you have a picture/flix message waiting for you. log in to your account at verizon.com and go to your pics/flix messages to view.

I have logged in on verizon.com, and can never find the pictures. I can't even tell who sent me the pics. I do know that my b/f sent me several pics of his newborn from the hospital, because he told me he did. I did receive the verizon messages from my own phone number at the time he sent me the pics.

Upvote 0
I spent about 40 minutes on the phone with vz support about a week ago for the problems I stated above. They made me do the standard *228, which they do for every problem I have ever had, and amazingly it has never solved any issue I have had.

Then he said he took my phone briefly off the vz network, and re logged it into the network. He said that should have fixed it. I was not so sure, so I asked him to send me a pics message for confirmation. He said he could not. I asked him, if he could call me back in 5 minutes as I could use my wife's phone to send the eris a pic message. He said he would call back in 5-10 minutes.

I sent a pic message from her phone to mine. I received the vz message from my own phone number again.

It has been a week, and I never received a call back from the rep. Such a waste of time, that I haven't called vz again.

Upvote 0
sorry.. didn't mean to turn it into customer service discussion. Was just clarifying why I hadn't solved the problem in the last two weeks.

Well... This topic got me off my butt, and I went to the Verizon store this evening. I spent about 1 hour there. The rep tried many different settings on the phone, until it got to the point where he asked me if he could do a hard reset. He backed up all my messaging, etc, and did a hard reset of the phone. Still he couldnt get the picture messaging to work.

He ordered me a new (re-certified motherboard) to be sent to my house. He also is sending me a new battery in hopes that the new one will be better(separate issue).

So it appears that it is possible that a few of the Eris' are somewhat defunct in the picture messaging function. We will see if it is a service issue with my account, or problem with the phone in a few days.

fyi: i am on the $7.99 texting plan. 400 a month. vz rep put me on this plan a month and a half ago. Was on $5 plan but my phone kept "ghost" messaging people in my contact list in the middle of the night.

Upvote 0
BY724 - can you confirm you've tried to send pics to recipients on and off verizon network, and to a variety of devices? I ask because I know there was an issue with sending pics to iphone users...

Yes...sent MMS to people on VZ and other networks...no one gets anything but the message that goes with it. Maximum message size is set to the maximum for me too.

I can receive pics fine, just can't send them...very frustrating.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones