• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pappy53

Jan 15, 2010
North Carolina
Okay, I am coming back to Android from an iPhone 5. Getting a Maxx HD, and I do have a question. When I do a video on the iPhone, and send it by MMS, it compresses the video and sends it on. Every Android phone that I have owned (which is several) will say "this file is too large". What's up with that? If Apple can do this with ease, then why can't Android? Or am I doing something wrong?
And I am turning the resolution to the lowest setting.

Whatever it does, it does a much better job than Android.

Hangouts does the same thing. And eventually, it will be integrated into the text messaging app, just like iCrap does!

And you can send it to iPhones, too, so it won't be a bitch to send things to people who don't have the same phone as you.

The best part is, you won't have to install a new app - the most you'll have to do is update Google Talk to Hangouts, if you haven't already. It's awesome! You should try it, it works great!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones