1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How To Sending music from pc to droid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by silverado man, May 5, 2012.

1. silverado man

silverado man Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2011
    truck driver
    Springfield Georgia USA
    I was trying to put some of my old cds on my droid. I used the windows media player to burn the songs i liked onto my pc.I have a 32 gig sc card in the droid
    so space should not be a problem.I burned these into the mp3 format. I took my sd card out and put into slot in the computer. When i tried to send them to the card after about 9 or 10 songs it would not let me drag anymore to the sync list.
    The computer has windows vista 32 bit and my phone is the original Motorola Droid A855. What am i doing wrong? Is There a better space saving way than the mp3 format. The 9 or 10 songs that did make it to the phone sounded ok considering its a phone speaker with no headsets hooked up. Thanks in advance for all replys. I have searched the forums and can t seem to find a similar thread on here.

Advertisement

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    How much space do you have left on the card, or is it brand new? If you're having problems with the card you could try formatting it (this will delete everything on the card). Another method is to put it back in your Droid and use the USB cable and drag and drop there. Also, what bit rate compression did you use to burn? 128/256 kbit/sec? This would determine how large the file is too.

silverado man likes this.
  3. silverado man

silverado man Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2011
    truck driver
    Springfield Georgia USA
    Its a new card, and i formatted it. I used 128kbits per second as the format

4. fredroid

fredroid Lurker
    None

Jun 8, 2012
    This may be too simple, but can I do the following? Connect droid via usb to computer, make a folder on droid under "media", call it "music" (i.e./media/music), then drag mp3 files from computer to "music" folder on droid?
    I suppose that would put the files on the sd card, but then how would I get them to play? or is this not a viable approach?
    Thanks