1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sending pdf via GMail on Wildfire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by groucho, Feb 15, 2011.

1. groucho

groucho Newbie
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Is it possible to send pdf files by GMail on the HTC Wildfire? If so, how does one do it?

Advertisement

2. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member
    None

You go to gmail, compose, write your email, press menu, attach, and it gives you a choice of apps to use to choose you attachment. I choose my file manager app and find the .pdf file and it attaches it to the mail.

If you haven't got a file explorer app it would probably be worth getting one. I use ES File Explorer, other people on here like Astro, or AndroXplorer, or Linda.

3. groucho

groucho Newbie
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    I see. I didn't know I needed an extra app. I'll study those file explorers that you mentioned and download one of them. Thanks, James.

4. groucho

groucho Newbie
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    I've downloaded Astro and have managed to attach a pdf file to send out. On the other hand, how may I save a pdf attachment in GMail on the Wildfire?

5. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member
    None

If you use the mobile internet version of gmail and click on the title of the .pdf it will start to download the attachment and it will be in the folder called download on your SD card.

I couldn't workout how to do it with the GMail app. Maybe someone else knows better?

Tags: