• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sending pics through text

Check your camera settings - if your pictures are above a certain size, you won't be able to send them via message. I set my camera quality for 3MP for pics I intend to send via MMS and raise it to max for other pics.

I have no problems sending or receiving picture messages.

That said, (sorry for the slight hijacking, but it's sort of on the subject) has anyone found a way to save a picture from a message to the phone memory? Or an audio file for that matter? I emailed myself a song file for a ringtone, and I can't save it to the phone or the SD card.

Upvote 0
Check your camera settings - if your pictures are above a certain size, you won't be able to send them via message. I set my camera quality for 3MP for pics I intend to send via MMS and raise it to max for other pics.

I have no problems sending or receiving picture messages.

That said, (sorry for the slight hijacking, but it's sort of on the subject) has anyone found a way to save a picture from a message to the phone memory? Or an audio file for that matter? I emailed myself a song file for a ringtone, and I can't save it to the phone or the SD card.

SaveMMS in the market works well. Also, using chomp, i can save whatever is sent to me.

To the op: you can also change the size of file you can send in the stock messaging app and handcent to allow sending larger files.

Upvote 0
I'm having a similar issue, I can't receive pictures most of the time. The slide show msg will come through but when clicked its a black picture. Also when sending pictures it needs to show as a slide show before sending or else the picture will not show to the recipient. It just seems to be random weather or not I receive pictures or not. It's quite frustrating. It seems to be happening mainly when receiving pictures from T-mobile people. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
If I use the mail app with a plain white envelope I can send 8M pictures from the camera or from Photos
Yahoo mail doesn't work neither does the Gmail app (white envelope with a red M)

I configured the mail app for both accounts now everything works

I can use the share menu in Photos as long as I select "Mail" not Gmail or Ymail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones