1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Sending pictures while roaming

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ebc1973, Sep 17, 2010.

1. ebc1973

ebc1973 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    I have a question about data usage while roaming. Multimedia messages are the same as data, thus I cannot send a picture message while roaming (I have my phone set to reject data if roaming). But sometimes I do not notice the roaming signal until after I hit send. If this happens, my EVO will continue to try to send the message, and will alert me of the failure every couple of minutes. Is there a way to stop this from happening? In other words, if I try to send a picture message, and I am roaming, is there a way to put the whole process on hold until I get a full signal again? It is very annoying to have it keep beeping at me. The only way I can stop it is to put the phone on Airplane mode. But then I can't do voice calls, or send and receive regular texts. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Advertisement

2. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Why are you afraid of roaming?

3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    I do some stuff and get paid for it...that's all t
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Because Sprint can cancel your contract/service if you use 300mb of roaming in a month.

OP...my only suggestion would be to not press send if your in roaming!

ebc1973 likes this.
  4. ebc1973

ebc1973 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    For the exact reason ScorpDX mentioned.

Sometimes I don't notice the roaming icon, and I will be looking out for it in the future. Sometimes I am just rushing, and I hit the button, and bam, there I am roaming, and am stuck with the phone constantly trying to re-send it. I guess that is the best bet, to just be more aware of my status. Thanks for the response.

5. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    What he said.

And unlike what the other guy said, it's 450MB, not 300MB. Also, that's a lot of data to pull down when roaming. Unless you're constantly roaming I wouldn't even concern myself.

6. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    I do some stuff and get paid for it...that's all t
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    From Sprint.com
    And that's not a lot of data at all. For those of us that actually use the phone a lot it won't take long at all to add up that kind of usage.

7. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    I'll have to find where they said 450MB, it was on their site. Regardless, it is a lot of data when 95% of all roaming available is via Verizon 1xRTT, not even 3G.

Tags: