1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

sending/recieving text messages?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CaptCanada, Dec 29, 2011.

1. CaptCanada

CaptCanada Lurker

Hi all

Just wondering how, if possible, I can send/receive text messages on my Asus Transformer tablet? I have been trying to figure this out for the past few days.

Thanks
    Don

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. slotzero

slotzero Lurker

Do you use Google Voice? That would be the best/easiest way IMHO.

3. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

You can do this with installed apps like HeyWire. I've not tried any of them and I guess you will need a country specific app for it to work correctly.

There is a very popular app that does this, but for the life of me I cannot remember what it is called!

4. CaptCanada

CaptCanada Lurker

No,I don't have Google voice

5. CaptCanada

CaptCanada Lurker

6. UNSCleric

UNSCleric Newbie

Google Voice is definitely the way to go, especially if you have Sprint, since the setup process is even easier due to their partnership.

7. gordonwd

gordonwd Well-Known Member

textPlus is another good app. My wife uses it on her iPod Touch. They give you a phone number so that people can send you texts, which are handled at your end thru WiFi.

8. Spaded21

Spaded21 Member

There is an app in the market called TexTab. You install it on your phone and tablet then connect the two with Bluetooth. You texts will go to the app on your tablet, no need to use a different number or anything

Mcoupe likes this.

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews