• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sending SMS from Desire via PC

1londonkiwi

Lurker
Jun 27, 2011
Help please. I want to use my PC keyboard to send texts via the HTC Desire. It works so simple with Nokia and especially Sony Ericssons - they have suites that offer this facility. Anyome know of a good, reliable bit of software (preferably free) that works? I have asked HTC but they don't offer this.

You may find it plays up a little from time to time [not too much]. What I tend to do is turn it off on the PC once I have finished the sms and then if I get another one simply start it up again. If you think you will be sending lots of replies keep it running until conversation ends and then switch it off on PC again. You may want to just leave it on all the time and see how it goes for you, but if it does play up use my suggestion. You may need to go into the settings on the phone app to see what contact list and calendar it syncs with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones