• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sending SMS messages via Bluetooth

Hey everybody, first post here, so hopefully this is the right forum for this. If not, feel free to move it.
Last night it finally clicked in my head that both my phone and my computer have Bluetooth connectivity, and I was wondering if it was possible to view, write and send SMS and possibly MMS messages from my computer through my phone. I know Skype has SMS but I don't want to pay for credits.

Hey guys, new here. Just got my Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2, and I'm trying to hook it up to my cell phone(not a smartphone). Since the GP has bluetooth, I'm able to connect it to my cell phone to make and receive calls, which is super neat. However, most of the communicating I do on the phone is through text message. My goal is to be able to have texts sent to my cell phone forwarded to my GP via bluetooth(I'd rather use bluetooth than Wi-Fi because I'd be able to leave it on all the time and it'd consume less of the battery). Is there anything I'd be able to do to solve my dilemma? I've tried Google Voice, and the service seems shaky at best, not to mention it needs a steady Wi-Fi connection to work. If there are any apps I'd be able to download or files I'd need to modify or anything like that, I'd really appreciate your guys' help. Thanks in advance. :)

Upvote 0
Hey guys, new here. Just got my Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2, and I'm trying to hook it up to my cell phone(not a smartphone). Since the GP has bluetooth, I'm able to connect it to my cell phone to make and receive calls, which is super neat. However, most of the communicating I do on the phone is through text message. My goal is to be able to have texts sent to my cell phone forwarded to my GP via bluetooth(I'd rather use bluetooth than Wi-Fi because I'd be able to leave it on all the time and it'd consume less of the battery). Is there anything I'd be able to do to solve my dilemma? I've tried Google Voice, and the service seems shaky at best, not to mention it needs a steady Wi-Fi connection to work. If there are any apps I'd be able to download or files I'd need to modify or anything like that, I'd really appreciate your guys' help. Thanks in advance. :)

I'm in the same boat. I have the Galaxy player 3.6, and its becoming a pain in the a*s to have to pull out my phone to text, not to mention the sh*tiness of the phone. Someone come up with an answer as im getting tired of pulling out my crappy phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones