• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sending Text

desi.guru

May 20, 2010
I have a friend who is added to my Desire's contact list.

1. He is on my Facebook contact. (His facebook pic appears in my Desire contact list)
2. He is my Gmail contact as well.
3. He is added as a 'Phone Contact' as well.

I sent him a text few days ago but don't remember if it was using facebook or my phone (network provider sms) but now when I go in to 'Messages' and send him a message, I just can't figure out if I am sending him a message via Facebook or to his mobile number.

Can you please help me?

I have a friend who is added to my Desire's contact list.

1. He is on my Facebook contact. (His facebook pic appears in my Desire contact list)
2. He is my Gmail contact as well.
3. He is added as a 'Phone Contact' as well.

I sent him a text few days ago but don't remember if it was using facebook or my phone (network provider sms) but now when I go in to 'Messages' and send him a message, I just can't figure out if I am sending him a message via Facebook or to his mobile number.

Can you please help me?

If you are sending a message through messages it will be an SMS to his mobile. If you are sending a message through Facebook then it will be to his Facebook.

If you go into the contact the number that you use should have primary next to it and that is the one that is used by default.

Think thats what you meant and hope that helps mate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones