1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Sending vCard using Gmail?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sevend7, Jul 3, 2010.

1. sevend7

sevend7 New Member

Jul 3, 2010
    this is one of the few major complaints I have with our phone. WHen I want to send my vCard (or any contact card) I can only choose from Bluetooth, MMS (costs money) or the "HTC" Mail apps. Since I use a Gmail account i dont have any other mail clients configured.

Am I doing something wrong? Have I missed some setting that will allow me to send a contact card via Gmail?

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement

2. sevend7

sevend7 New Member

Jul 3, 2010
    bump...anyone?

3. staz1000

staz1000 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Another bump! Anyone?

I tried to send a vcard by email for the rirst time yesterday and the only option is using mail rather than gmail. Bit silly really.

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    The HTC mail app handles attachments better than gmail. Eg download attachments gmail will only preview. I configure both with HTC mail notifications off. Works for me. Not ideal obviously

5. staz1000

staz1000 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Not really no.

6. defrederick

defrederick Member

Oct 22, 2010
    I just tried to do the same thing and have spent too much time looking for the solution. It appears to be a HTC bug/oversight.

Does anyone know of a "people" app that will allow me to send a vcard through Gmail? How do you get to the native Android contacts app on the HTC Desire?

7. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 New Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I just bought an HTC Evo Design (6/01/2012) and this still seems to be an issue. Please tell me that a year and a half later someone has found a solution to this.

Tags: