1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Sending videos by email

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Peanutsd8, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Peanutsd8

Peanutsd8 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2014
    Hello
    I'm a long term iPhone use and love that it compresses videos automatically for email attachments. I want to know if there such a feature on note 3. I'm not sending by text only gmail. I would prefer to not use drop box google plus or YouTube as my recipients r not the most tech savvy. Previously when I tried galaxy s3 I was frustrated it always said attachment video too large and there was no simple way to compress. So I switched back to iPhone! But now I really want to switch and this is my big thing! Pls help.

Advertisement

2. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    Male
    Sheffield U.K
    Hello and welcome :)

I have just sent myself a 13.4meg video from one email addy to another over 4G successfully. I don't think the stock email app will compress videos down to a size a Web mail client like Gmail will handle if they are over a certain size (50 meg - I think). You may have to compress large video files yourself using a third party app. before sending.

You have come across one of the main differences between iOS and Android. iOS will compress no matter what and Android won't, both, as you have discovered have their draw backs.

3. Note3owner

Note3owner Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 26, 2013
    Send it through google drive 😊

4. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    Male
    Sheffield U.K
    The OP has people they wish to send videos to who are not at all "tech savy", and while that or dropbox would work fine, they are wanting to send it via email.

I have elderly relatives who no matter how many times they are shown live in mortal fear of "breaking" the PC if they click on the wrong thing, they feel left behind by it all and actually "fear" using a PC. Now while I have shown them how to send email and recieve them and even opening and saving attachments, although just as easy as double clicking a folder on the desktop the concept of Google drive or drop box scares them to death. Why ? I really don't know, but that is how it is.

5. Note3owner

None

Dec 26, 2013
    Sorry didnt read the question properly. The only other way wud be to use a z archiver (harder to operate than drive)

6. Note3owner

None

Dec 26, 2013
    Maybe different email providers may allow larger files. Try a different email accounts .

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.